Water Conditioners / Chlorine Removers

The Mighty Boosh

New Member
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Points
0
As the title really - When I do water changes I fill up the bucket with fresh tap water, then add a measure of nutrafin aquaplus, give it a swish and pour it into the tank...

If this removing all of the chlorine? I'd never given it much thought so I'm wondering how instantly this works, or am I pouring trace amounts of chlorine into my fish tank every water change ?
 
Hi,

Good news is that dechlorinators work pretty much instantly, so no need to worry. Obviously it needs to come into contact with all the water to neutralise the chlorine / heavy metals, so giving it a stir round is a good idea. Alternatively, put the dechlor in the bucket first, then fill with water. This ensures that it is well mixed in.

HTH :good:

BTT
 
It doesn't remove it persay. It just neutralizes it by reacting it with chemicals in the dechlorinator solution. It works pretty much as soon as the solution is added to the water as far as I know. I usually start adding water back to the main tank and while this is happening, add in the measured amount of wtaer conditioner and allow the flow of the incoming water to mix it around
 

Most reactions

Back
Top