Faythee
Fish Herder
I had to medicate my tank with an anti-biotic. I have been working on removing it. I did a 30% water change saturday and within hours I had readings of .25 nitrate and ammonia. By the next day it was back to zero.
The problem is I have ammonia in my tap water. I use Prime to lessen the stress on the fish.
I did another 30% on tuesday with same results. I have to skip feeding them on these days.
I need to do another 30% on friday or saturday.
Thing is I had to remove a whole bunch of my decorations and throw them in the trash due to staining from brown algae. I have bought new and want to re-scape my entire tank. I wanted to do this this weekend. Do you think removing all my decs and replacing them will cause a mini-cycle ? Or do I have enough bacteria in the gravel and filter to be able to do this ?
The problem is I have ammonia in my tap water. I use Prime to lessen the stress on the fish.
I did another 30% on tuesday with same results. I have to skip feeding them on these days.
I need to do another 30% on friday or saturday.
Thing is I had to remove a whole bunch of my decorations and throw them in the trash due to staining from brown algae. I have bought new and want to re-scape my entire tank. I wanted to do this this weekend. Do you think removing all my decs and replacing them will cause a mini-cycle ? Or do I have enough bacteria in the gravel and filter to be able to do this ?








