B benmate Fish Fanatic Joined Jan 9, 2009 Messages 99 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jan 9, 2009 #1 i did a water change and sucked up my clown loaches and fished them out of the bucket and put them back into the tank. will they survive and get on with life normally in the tank!!!
i did a water change and sucked up my clown loaches and fished them out of the bucket and put them back into the tank. will they survive and get on with life normally in the tank!!!
Truck UKAPS Joined Dec 21, 2006 Messages 12,999 Reaction score 0 Points 36 Location Derbyshire, United Kingdom Jan 9, 2009 #2 do they appear to be okay?
Tolak Gun Toting Lunatic Joined Sep 30, 2003 Messages 15,059 Reaction score 10 Points 0 Location Chicago Jan 9, 2009 #3 I've done this with a variety of species, and will often transfer fry with a large bore siphon. As long as they didn't get hung on the trip through they should be no worse for wear.
I've done this with a variety of species, and will often transfer fry with a large bore siphon. As long as they didn't get hung on the trip through they should be no worse for wear.
TylerFerretLord g͝e͠ek҉ Joined Jun 20, 2007 Messages 1,692 Reaction score 25 Points 0 Location Long Island, NY Jan 9, 2009 #4 Should be fine if he has no visible injuries. I can't tell you how many times I've done this to my shrimp.
Should be fine if he has no visible injuries. I can't tell you how many times I've done this to my shrimp.
ahodge84 Fish Fanatic Joined Jan 7, 2009 Messages 71 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Ohio, USA Jan 9, 2009 #5 I've always been afraid of this, but now that I have burrowing bottom-feeders, I am more afraid of severing or crushing them! Your loach should be fine, just keep an eye on him and that is about all you can do.
I've always been afraid of this, but now that I have burrowing bottom-feeders, I am more afraid of severing or crushing them! Your loach should be fine, just keep an eye on him and that is about all you can do.
B benmate Fish Fanatic Joined Jan 9, 2009 Messages 99 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jan 9, 2009 #6 truckasauras123 said: do they appear to be okay? Click to expand... they appear to be ok thanks ben
Night61 Fish Herder Joined Mar 30, 2008 Messages 1,002 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Queensbury, NY Jan 9, 2009 #7 i did this to my fry and baby snails they are fine, i am sure they will remember what you did to them last time and stay away from it next time.
i did this to my fry and baby snails they are fine, i am sure they will remember what you did to them last time and stay away from it next time.