Warning - Telephone Banking Scam

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

tucan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
yesterday i had a call on my moblie with this guy telling me that hes belong to this company where they are reclaiming people bank overdrafts for them for free and all i had to do was to tell them my bank account details, personal details etc. so i told him to go ( somewhere where the sun don't shine), today, i was with a friend and she had the same call, she told him she don't have a bank account, but he kept on asking her some personal details, as she was too polite to end the call, i took it off her and told them the same thing yesterday. Had anyone else had this type of call at all and i like to know how they got hold of our numbers! and why don't they try to earn some honest money instead.

yesterday i had a call on my moblie with this guy telling me that hes belong to this company where they are reclaiming people bank overdrafts for them for free and all i had to do was to tell them my bank account details, personal details etc. so i told him to go ( somewhere where the sun don't shine), today, i was with a friend and she had the same call, she told him she don't have a bank account, but he kept on asking her some personal details, as she was too polite to end the call, i took it off her and told them the same thing yesterday. Had anyone else had this type of call at all and i like to know how they got hold of our numbers! and why don't they try to earn some honest money instead.

they prob by the information from companys, you know like a guarantee card, it says fill in your details, you dont have to at all, all they do is sell on info, you prob think ive never done that, but you could just give your mobile to someone or a competition they are good ones, just offer some prize and get loads of people info to sell. di

Firstly, you did the right thing - Never hand out your bank details to someone who has phoned you.

Secondly, the reclaiming of bank charges is on hold until a fair charge level has been agreed between the banks, the OFT and the court. You do need to submit your claim if you feel that you have one as you can only go back 6 years, but the claim will nto proceed until the hold is removed.

Arfie

Most reactions

Back