Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wanted to give an update on the moving of my fish...

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by julielynn47, Sep 16, 2019.

1. julielynn47

julielynn47 Member

I took a family trip and was gone for 9 days. I kid you not, the day before I left, the canister filter on my 55 gallon went south on me. I tried to fix it with a new impeller and believe it or not, the new impeller was worse than the one I took out. So I think it may just be the canister....anyway.... I was in no hurry, as previously stated, to move the fish...until that point...

So, I was leaving the next the day, the canister had bit the dust, and what was I going to do with my fish? I just decided that that was moving day after all.

I finally caught them all, they were pretty fast, and got them in a baggie. Put the baggie in the water to float in the 75 gallon for awhile. Then I let them go freely into the 75 gallon. Nothing happened the rest of the afternoon and that night. Things looked okay, but I figured I would come home to some dead or dying fish from that quick move. Happily, when I got home day before yesterday, the plants I moved were still alive, although a bit snail gnawed, and I did not lose a single fish!! They are still doing great.

Now I can concentrate on redoing the 55 slowly over a period of time. I have to build another fish tank stand because the store bought one I have is not really made of real wood it appears. It has gotten a little wet from time to time and started to bow and separate, which has had me worried. So I will build a new stand myself for the 55, like I did for the 75, and then start the tank over. I am kind of excited about it. LOL

2. Naughts

Naughts Fish Crazy

Good news :)
    Can you post a photo?

3. julielynn47

julielynn47 Member

IMG_0547.jpg

#3 julielynn47, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kritastrophe

Kritastrophe Fish Fanatic

Looks amazing! Are those rock walls on each side? Really cool.

5. Fishmanic

Fishmanic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

you should enter in our next TOTM contest... it starts around October 1st..

6. julielynn47

julielynn47 Member

I have rocks in the tank, but not rock walls. I have a very large piece of drift wood that might look kind of rockish though

• Like Like x 1
  7. julielynn47

julielynn47 Member

Oh, I don't know about that....thank you for thinking it worthy though. I doubt my shedding amazon sword would help my chances much :unsure: