Want some more fish!

Nuttygal! :0)

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
594
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
There! ;0)
I really some more fish, preferably smaller ones but colourful. Just briefly, I have enough room in that tank as it is quite understocked, I don't have any fin-nippers, or any that will eat smaller fish either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks alot in advance for any replies! :D


:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:
 
Well the tank that I want the new fish for is 45gals, it has 3 platys, 3 bronze corydoras, and 10 guppies! :D
 
If you want a small but colourful fish, get a school of small tetras(8-10 looks beautiful when they school) like:Glolights, Black Neons, or CARDINAL tetras. Or you can do what i did and have all 3 together(but atleast 4 species per group). Here's an example: http://www.np.edu.sg/lsct/fish_tank/ft3.jpg
I've kept all 3 with guppies and cories and they dont nip a tail. :)
 
Or consider harlequin rasboras which are the very best schooling fish IME. I mean they realy do stick together plus they are beautiful and there are a few selectively bred color variations that you could combine.
 
I seen harequinns rip a Betta apart, if they can do that I dread to think what they would do to your guppies.

also Tiger can be very nasty.

I'd go with Neons :D
 
i was very wary about tiger barbs but aslong as they are in a group they are o.k and all my fish have all there fins in tact
 
Umm you've seen HARLEQUINS rip up a betta? Are you sure they were harlequins?
 
In such a low stocked 45 gal I'd get a shoal of around 15 Tetras or danios, or around 20 Male endlers, but not if you have any females in your group of 10 guppies. They will try to interbreed. Rummynose tetras could also work.
 
golden white cloud minnows look nice
i kept harlequins rasboras with guppys and platys with no fin nipping at all
Oryzias Javanicusi (java rice fish) pretty blue eyed fish - friendly and were fine when kept with the guppy and platys

might be an idea to get 3 more corys as they prefer larger groups :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top