Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Poll is now closed!

PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 9 very pampered adorable pets entered into the September 2019 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM.
Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.
Poll will close on September 26th at
7:30 PM EST
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
2ca698f5fc0c40a893f66ef907b84255.jpg

This is Lainey. She’s almost around 3-4 months.

Rescued when the mom died. Mom is wild/feral and they were born outside my coworkers place. She’s the only white kitty out of the litter.

Now she has 5 older siblings (1 cat and 4 dogs). They all love her but they can’t stand when she’s being annoying. She is totally different from my other cat because she eats anything. It takes her awhile to warm up but once she’s used to you she won’t leave you alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1568190269181.jpg
Name: Tiana
Breed: Longhaired chihuahua (her coat is still growing in)
Tricks: Can do down to just a hand signal and hopefully will be learning how to use a bell by the back door to let us know when she needs to go out because she's so small I don't always see her head to the door.
Quirks: Loves her walks but hates the harness so she runs and hides, it's never pinched or hurt her and she was introduced to it gently, she just doesn't like being told what to do. She's always the first at the door though ready to head out. She also loves stealing our other dog's food which is the exact same as hers, it's just a mature version to her puppy food but she'd much rather eat that than her own. Tiana likes to steal things so quite frequently you'll see something go flying across the floor and into the dog bed where she hides it, items include envelopes that are bigger than her, balls of wool and the other dog's treats.
She is amazing with kids, even kids who don't like dogs fall in love with her and she snuggles up to them until they love her. Tiana plays with every kind of dog from other chihuahuas to a massive Airedale and will tell them off quite happily too.

Last edited:
Lizzy the Axolotl.jpg

This is Lizzy mcsquishface. She is fully aquatic but she is not a fish. She is an axolotl, a neotenic salamander. I got her around a month ago. She'ss swim around in the top and mid levels of the tank and when she is where she wants to be she'll just slowly float down. She got stuck under the ammonia meter (or so I thought) while I was in a class connect for school and told my teach I had to get lizzy unstuck with no context so that conversation was funny. I went to go unstick her and as soon as I took the lid off she swam away.:dunno: She is a lot of effort to take care of but I love her.

Last edited by a moderator:
BellyBobRainbowShirt.jpg

This is Belgium, the rescue golden retriever - German shepherd mix! He is about nine years old, and he's been part of the family for almost three years. His hillbilly nickname is Belly Bob.

He had a pretty rough life before he found his forever home. He is epileptic and has a hard time with impulse control, possibly because of severe head trauma that he endured in the past. At one point he was beaten with a blunt object and apparently left for dead in the woods up in northern Arizona. Somehow he picked himself up and survived in the forest for over 8 months, through the winter, before being found by hikers.

He bounced between a few more homes after that because they couldn't handle his emotional issues or physical strength. Me, I guess I just don't mind occasionally being dragged down a hillside after a pigeon...

Now he lives a quiet life with lots of walks, treats, toys, belly rubs, and naps on the couch. He's one of the smartest dogs I've ever had and knows many useful commands, but he's also incredibly headstrong and only obeys when he feels like it. Lucky for me, he usually feels like it! I think he had to look out for himself for so long that he's forever accustomed to making his own decisions.

His favorite food is anything stolen. His hobbies include hiding gobs of cooked spaghetti under pillows, barking at golf carts, listening in on phone conversations, chasing the ducks, opening dog-proof containers, crushing people by sitting on them (he weighs 80 pounds) and making friends with every dog he meets, big or small. Sometimes he likes to try on shirts while everyone praises his beauty.

2788604721_fd407fd4d8_o.jpg
This Hoshi, she is a Burmese and is 14 years old.

I've had her since she was a kitten and she has grown up alongside my 2 children. Despite being small in stature she's definitely a large part of the family and cannot enter a room without making her presence known. Typical of Asian cat genetics, she's nosey, vocal and demanding. Expert mouser and absolutely rubbish (thankfully) at catching birds.

Likes: Cuddles, getting under Mum's feet in the kitchen, salmon, chicken, finding stale Doritos under the computer desk, chasing anything remotely string-like.

Dislikes: Aerosols, vacuum cleaners, dogs, neighbouring cats, balloons, trips to the vet.

Lola Close Up.jpg

This is my 14 yr old African Grey. The breeder insisted he was a female so we named him Lola. A DNA test at the Vet's office showed Lola was a male. When my veterinarian called me with the news he sang the song "Lola" by the Kinks. If you're not aware it's about a beautiful woman that turns out to be a man. So he will always be Lola or Lolabird. Due to my current illness he is being housed at an awesome sanctuary - they will keep him as long as I need them too or forever if I die. Right now I am just not physically able to care for "Mr Destruction" as I affectionately called him. Reports on him make me think he's having so much fun he may not want to come home!

One of the funniest things he does is bite me on the hand then say "Don't bite mama" after the bite. He speaks quite a number of words but since he's been at the sanctuary he doesn't talk much any more. With me he always said "I love you mama", "EAT SUPPER". When I was on the phone - I would hear him in the background copy my side of the conversation like "oh ok, hmm, ok, nevermind. goodbye, I love you," He would call my daughter to supper "Hey Liz supper" and he also said "Hey Liz clean your room" (we specifically taught him to say that - the other words he picked up on his own). He mostly picked up the words my husband (recently deceased) said, rather than things I said. So my husband being ex-marine, New York, Italian had quite a vocabulary that always included the "F" word. So it would be "F*ing cat" , "F*ing dog".

He LOVED golden oreos. He would pop off the metal lid to the cookie jar, which made the dog come running. He'd pull out an oreo, twist it open with his feet and scrape the inside out with his beak. The whole time the dog is drooling while Lola took his sweet time. He would then drop the cookie part on the floor for the dog to eat. Then he got into the habit of waiting until the dog's head was down eating and would drop the cookie jar lid on her head. She still went for her cookies but was constantly on the lookout for that lid to come flying down. He's got such an evil sense of humor.

I love this guy to death - and dearly hope he can come back home as soon as I recover - if I don't recover then I know I've had 14 wonderful years with him and the sanctuary will always be there to care for him (he's one of the spoiled favorites).

Gunny Boy.JPG

This is my 5 1/2 year old German Shephard dog, Gunther.
He knows a lot of hand signals to tricks such as up, lay down, roll over, sit, and come. He knows how to play tag (really!) and is very sweet with children. He is a perfect guard against sneaky squirrels and robbing robins. :) He thinks he is a kitten and can climb on your lap. Be prepared to be squished by 115 lbs of love!

442F1BBB-F78F-451D-B15E-1A192568B09C.jpeg
View attachment 93868
Hi, This is Bethlehem aka, “Beth. She was born on Christmas Day. That does not make her holy or blessed though. If she had been in the stable when Jesus was born, they would have kicked her out. She is a bad, bad dog! If I want her to go outside for a potty break she will sit in her bed staring at me and refuse to budge. If she is outside and I want her to come in, she will sit there staring at me and won’t budge. She is a bad, bad dog! She spends most of her time antagonizing my other dogs. If you drop something on the ground she will spring from across the room to grab the item and swallow it before you can bend down to pick it up. We call her “Rocket” at times because she flies back and forth from one sofa to the other, never touching the floor. I gave her to a close friend but my friend brought her back after 2 days. I have no idea what she did but she is a bad, bad dog! She does know a trick! My 4 and 5 year old grand daughters taught her to jump up and sit on the shelf under the island. That is now her perch where she sits and waits for dinner. Beth is a Splash Boston Terrier. She is 4.5 years old. If you never had a Boston, don’t get one. They are bad, bad dogs! She’s lucky she is so cute because we can’t help but love her. She is a good snuggler and lap dog at night ( when she runs out of gas). Thank you for looking at my bad, bad dog!

Last edited:
SweetBrittany_sm.jpg
View attachment 94000

This is Brittany. She is an 8-year-old Greyhound. She is my 2nd Greyt dog and is a delight. She lives with the cat and all my fin-kids. She can shake both hands, bow, and will put her front feet up on my arm to give me a kiss. She loves going for rides in the car, and why not? The entire back is a memory foam bed! Like most greyhounds, she sleeps on the bed with me and loves to have a pillow for her head, but will always steal mine if she can!

END OF ENTRIES:

Scroll up as you review all 9 entries and then cast your vote at the top of the topic in our POTM poll.

All the pets in this contest look very spoiled and pampered! Good luck to all entrants.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back