What's new

Vote Now - December 2020 Tank of the Month contest (16 US gallons and smaller)

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Vote now for December Tank of the Month

• LittleBlueGuppy

Votes: 59 34.9%
  • xxamyxx85

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Fishy_Dan

Votes: 79 46.7%
  • Matt90

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
PLEASE VOTE! .................
vote-totm.png

We have 4 nice tank setups for Fishforums' December 2020 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of this thread and click on your choice for TOTM and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on December 10th at 5:40 PM EST. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
47CDA39F-5E03-46EC-B7BC-32E23C80AC7F.jpeg

This is my 10 gallon walstad. I set this up in July. It’s just finally starting to fill in. This tank is home to my betta (Count Rosencross) and my little rabbit snail, along with a couple nerites. Plants are dwarf hairgrass, anubias, crypts, hornwort, moneywort, rotala, a couple unknown plants and giant duckweed. Lighting is just a cheap 24 watt LED. I add a little flourish every once in a while to help the plants and that’s about it. Substrate is just regular potting soil, capped with pool filter sand. Perimeters are 0, 0, <5, with a PH of about 8.0.

I hope you guys enjoy this little jungle as much as Count Rosencross does!

Last edited by a moderator:
A7223A11-964C-48E8-AA3E-FA314CB25EDC.jpeg

Tank details:
Super fish QubiQ 30 Pro - 32cm x 32cm x 32cm - 30 litre capacity (26 Litres actually in tank)

Contents:
A Betta called Rainbow (named by my 3 year old) he’s been in the tank nearly two weeks.
  • Built in LED lighting: 20 V/12 W and filter with Pump: 3 W, 200 l/h
  • Super fish 50w heater
  • Chad valley kids play sand
  • Digital Aquarium thermometer
  • Floating Betta log
  • Mopani wood with java fern and anubias nana attached
  • 4small pieces of mountain rock
  • Ludwigia repens rubin
  • Bacopa caroliniana
  • Littorella
  • Amazon frogbit
  • Marimo Moss balls
  • Indian almond leaves
PH - 7.5
Temp - 26.4
Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
Nitrates - 0-5ppm

30- 50% water change once or twice a week.

I got this tank because I was getting impatient with gathering the bits to set up a larger tank.
I had to adjust a few parts to make it suitable for a Betta, I needed a larger glass lid to ensure there was no jumping through the gap and I also reduced the flow with a small sponge and part of a fish net stocking, the mopani needed sanding in a few areas and I enlarged the inside of the branch which led up to what was a small hole, now rainbow can swim up through it or hide in it with a vantage point, and to top it off, from the bottom front corner of the tank you get a good view up through it of him perched in the top opening, it’s very cool.

I set it up and planted it bout two months ago and It sat for about a month, I changed the water a few times when it looked grubby. The plants had really started growing and with some seeded filter media it didn’t take long to cycle it when I came around to it.

I love the way the tank floats over the base, it’s not quite finished yet but I’m really pleased with how it turned out so far.

Thank you so much for reading and good luck everyone.

tank.jpg

Tank details:
Ciano aqua 60 - 58 litre 60x30x30cm tank. Set up using a silent cycle method with lots of plants. Running for two months now and fully stocked for about 3/4 weeks.​
6500K stock LED light - 900lm. On 8 hours a day (4 on, 5 off, 4 on) dimmed at 80%​
Eheim aquaball 130 internal filter​
Argos play sand plus root tabs​
Azalea root​
Flora/Fauna:
Crypts, echinodorus reni, lagenandra meeboldii red, hygrophila siamensis 53b, java fern, limnophila sessiliflora, anubias barteri var. nana, salvinia.​
4 x Yellow honey gourami (1 x male - named Blue)​
10 x Glowlight rasboras​
5 x Amano shrimp​
Parameters/schedule:
As a silent cycle I never added amonia to this tank. Tap water comes out at 20-30ppm nitrate, which I think the plants love as I don't add any fertilisers and the growth has been amazing! I thow away handfuls of salvinia with every water change to stop it completely covering the surface.​
I was a little worried when I started adding the fish, never having done a silent cycle before, but I haven't seen any ammonia or nitrite!​
Ph 7.4, GH 16​
At first I was doing 50% water changes every three or four days to combat early tank algae. Now I do 60% every 5/6 days.​
Feeding:
Once daily. Flake twice a week. Micro pellets twice a week. Bloodworm/Mosquito larve twice a week. Defrosted peas once a week.​
I have really enjoyed setting up this tank, my first for 10 years, and love to look at it during the day as a break from work. I hope you like it too!

3E87FB0B-9D01-47AE-A906-7B6A001AC475.jpeg

Thought I’d give it a go.
It’s a 30l tank, with 15-20 RCS and a couple Ramshorn snails. It’s been up and running with the shrimp for 2weeks and cycled for 6 weeks prior. So pretty new set up. I have so Java fern from my other tanks tied to a piece of bog wood and tied to 2 big volcanic lava rocks. There is also a Anubius nana bonsai in the back and some Java moss. Also I experimented with cladophora at the front and made a sort of carpet with a Java fern in it. I don’t know the brand of the filter as it was given to me by my friend, and the heater is Resun brand. It had LED light on a timer for 7.5 hours. I do a 10 percent water change every 4 days and intent on doing a larger one in intervals. I’ve yet to feed them as enough food to sustain them at the moment, but will feed blanched veg and high quality shrimp pellets now and again.
4 -5 females are berried so hope to have more soon. I’m quite happy how it’s turned out, so thought I’d share, pretty simple but effective.
Many thanks
Matt

End of Entries
Slowly scroll up as you review the 4 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread. Thanks for participating in our Tank of the Month contest.

Next up will be our Fish of the Month contest. We will accept entries starting on December 10th and will allow any type of fish in this contest. So get your fish pics ready to enter Fishforums' Fish of the Month contest.

Last edited:
Just one day left to vote. Please vote now if you haven't yet voted. Winner will be announce late afternoon tomorrow.

Congrats go out to Fish_Dan on winning TOTM with your 58 litre nicely planted and arranged tank. Well done, Fishy_Dan!

All members may congratulate him in the winner's thread by clicking the link below:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back