Visitherm Heaters

Sarah5098

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 18, 2009
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Huddersfield, West Yorks, UK
I have just bought a visitherm heater but when i switch it on it works for about 10 seconds then the light switches off. Is this normal??? I also have to turn it right up to turn it down again to stay heated at lower temps. Have i just bought a duff heater?
Thanks
 
When the light goes off it means its at the right temp~ The light will click on when the water is dropping below the temp you have set it at, and warms it back up again. :good:
 
When the light goes off it means its at the right temp~ The light will click on when the water is dropping below the temp you have set it at, and warms it back up again. :good:

Thing is, its in cycling so is cold water, i dont think my cold tap water is 25'C in 10 seconds. I might be wrong, i mean i dont know how fast it heats and i havent got a thermometer... Ill leave it on and see if it lights up again :good:
 
it will go on and off but 25 isnt actually as warm as u may think it is
dont worry the heater knows what its doing and visitherm are very reliable
 
The only thing I could recommend is go and get a thermonitor then you will know for definate if its doing the job :good:
 
Does the heater have a decent flow of water over it? If not, the water around it will be at the temp its set to and it will turn off again, even if the rest of the tank is colder than the temp its set to.

A cheap thermometer is essential with any heater IMO :).

The glass ones are much more accurate, but for the purpose of just making sure the heaters working, stick-on '"digital" ones are fine too.
 
I've been using Visitherm for years and found them to be very reliable heaters. Get a glass thermometer and keep an eye on it!
 
I find Vistherms reliable, but not accurate or tough (accidentally broke two in the past from thermal shock, adding in cold water once, and the other time leaving it plugged in and out the water).

The one I have now has condensation inside it (that cant be healthy...) and drifts off the temperature it's set to over time...so when I use it I need to keep a close eye on it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top