Violent Molly

paudie22

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
dundalk ireland
my friend had a male molly that attacked everything in sight. it killed two danios in a tank and kept attacking the red eye tetras too so he was put into a warm water goldfish tank he then attacked one of the much bigger goldfish nearly killing it so he had to be brought back to the lfs. anyone ever experience this
 
Mollies can be knowm for aggressive behavour.
Sadly the problem will only pass onto someone else when they buy the molly.
 
my male dalmation molly got very aggressive towards a new male i put in my tank. i put him in with a new female and the older male took to her and basically chased the new male to death. so now the old male has 2 females and he couldn't be happier.
 
Male Mollies on there own pretty much always get aggressive, I was told male Mollies are best with three females
 
Yes....named him "mean molly". He would attack my Dwarf Gourmai aggresively knocking him to the floor of the tank and taking chunks out of him. Had to get rid of him. Here I thought I was the only one.
 
my friend had a male molly that attacked everything in sight. it killed two danios in a tank and kept attacking the red eye tetras too so he was put into a warm water goldfish tank he then attacked one of the much bigger goldfish nearly killing it so he had to be brought back to the lfs. anyone ever experience this
I have had problems with aggressive mollies although they usually attacked other live bearers. Sorry I dont know the answer! Gyillmard.
 
my friend had a male molly that attacked everything in sight. it killed two danios in a tank and kept attacking the red eye tetras too so he was put into a warm water goldfish tank he then attacked one of the much bigger goldfish nearly killing it so he had to be brought back to the lfs. anyone ever experience this
I have had problems with aggressive mollies although they usually attacked other live bearers. Sorry I dont know the answer! Gyillmard.

this molly was a pure bully he attacked everything in sight, he had a gorgeous sailfin on him and i would have taken him to my tank but i was worried he would fight and kill my 2 male dalmations so i didnt take him
 

Most reactions

Back
Top