Video: How To Setup A Fire Extinguisher System

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RossC

Fish Addict
Reaction score
A quick tutorial showing you how to attach a simple regulator to a fire extinguisher, this is commonly used in the hobby as a source of carbon dioxide for aquatic plants. To see the full system put together follow the link at the end of the video. Leave comments and questions below, enjoy.

WARNING!
This can be dangerous as pressurized gas is involved. Always wear suitable safety protection. I accept NO responsibilities for any injuries caused whilst following this videos instructions. Do this at your OWN risk.

Hope you guys find this helpful:
Another "way to test for leaks is to mix some washing up liquid with water in an old detergent bottle, shake it up so the bottle is full of froth and squirt the froth onto the regulator, if there is any leaks it can clearly be seen bubbling through the froth"
Haveagojoe
Mod edit...This is done at your own risk and the poster or forum take no responsibility

an excellent post Ross, this will be moved over to PARC.

An easier and safer way to test for leaks is to mix some washing up liquid with water in an old detergent bottle, shake it up so the bottle is full of froth and squirt the froth onto the regulator, if there is any leaks it can clearly be seen bubbling through the froth, its the way gas fitters have done it for years on household appliances.

An easier and safer way to test for leaks is to mix some washing up liquid with water in an old detergent bottle, shake it up so the bottle is full of froth and squirt the froth onto the regulator, if there is any leaks it can clearly be seen bubbling through the froth, its the way gas fitters have done it for years on household appliances.
Oh right I never thought about that, great addition I'll add it to the top :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back