Vicenza Revisited...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

In all honesty, i really like the Crypt side of the tank... It's the other side of the tank i'm not keen on. May whip my branch out tomorrow... :blink: and see what it looks like maked... :blink: :blink:

Crypts are my favourite plant, i do really like them. I can see the attraction to the co2, but i will struggle to justify the cost to the missus and myself tbh.

Speaking of Plecs, could i have a Panaque of some sort in this sized tank or not?

right, i think, and from what you have in there, you could do a good corner scape. As Jake says, get rid of that massive bit of wood. Heres my artist impression! lol

mint.jpg

use some rock to bulk out the look of that small branch, moved over to the corner it may look small, but once that moss takes it will look larger. Use the Crypts (brown in the pic) to ensure the corner looks bigger. You maybe still need to get some plants at the back to fill it out a bit.

In all honesty, i really like the Crypt side of the tank... It's the other side of the tank i'm not keen on. May whip my branch out tomorrow... :blink: and see what it looks like maked... :blink: :blink:

Crypts are my favourite plant, i do really like them. I can see the attraction to the co2, but i will struggle to justify the cost to the missus and myself tbh.

Speaking of Plecs, could i have a Panaque of some sort in this sized tank or not?

You will go pressurised at some point.. you mark my words ;).

I cant really comment on the crypts side of things tbh, im not a lover and find them very boring :/ ..... i generally like a nice healthy green looking plant and crypts to me never look healthy, even when they are lol.

Have you thought about cutting the wood up and making a feature from the pieces?.... im sure something nice could easily be made if it was tried.

Panaque wise yes.... what was you thinking?.... clown (L104) would be nice maybe even a flash (L204)... most of the smaller species would be fine due to there being plenty of places to hide and having wood within the tank. You limited on the larger ones simply because you have a planted tank, bigger they get the more devastation they cause and in planted tanks it really isn't worth the hassle not to mention the mess :crazy: lol. The one species i adore is the blue panaque... although it isn't actually a panaque rather a baryancistrus but it one of the nicest smaller species and certainly worth a look :)... Have a Look!!!

Very artistic Ian lol but it looks like a nice layout..... BTW good luck tomorrow :good: ... remember WE WANT PICS :good:

Thanks Jake. I will keep an eye out for the Blue Panaque. Very prettyful indeed! I like the Flash, but not a typical Panaque shape?

Ian, i've got plenty of rock to use, would you suggest big pieces or smaller pieces? When you say bulk it up what do you mean? Fill up the branches if that makes sense? :/

Thanks Jake. I will keep an eye out for the Blue Panaque. Very prettyful indeed! I like the Flash, but not a typical Panaque shape?

No it is a typical panaque shape but it's not a typical royal panaque shape which i think is what your looking for... unfortunately all of the ones like that get big and not really suited to a planted tank. Flash are stunning though as are the blue panaques if this is what your looking for though i guess.

How's this coming along mate?, have you had a play or have you just been busy with the puffer tank?

It has kind of taken a backseat a little. Needs more funding for a few new plants. Lol.

Added 10 Glowlight Tetra's to this tank now. Will also be rehoming 2 BN's over the weekend.

Glowlights are ace... They're my new favourites! :D

Couple of updated pics, kind of lost a bit of interest in it a little as i have been concentrating on my shrimp and puffer tank more.

DSC02107.jpg

DSC02106.jpg

Most reactions

Back