Very Tubby Zebra Danio

Status
Not open for further replies.

squashedfrog77

New Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Quite new to this so wonder if you have advice. We are feeding once a day on flake (at feeds that last 2.5 - 4 minutes in tank) and are introducing dried bloodworm as a treat.

I have nine long tailed zebra danio and to make up the numbers have one normal one, who is affectionally known to the family as "stumpy". All the fish are very healthy and range between 1.5 to 3 inches, but stumpy appears to utterly gorge himself at feeding time, developing a very abnormally large belly (even at both sides) and seems to swell to twice his size. After the other fish have settled down he continues to search for food.

Each time I feed them, his stomach appears to stretch even more and I think he might burst soon. However, he doesnt appear to be in particular discomfort (not gasping or lathargic) and can still move about as fast as his tank mates.

Any ideas?
 
i have a greedy zebra, at feeding time she eats so much her stomach stretches to the point that you can see pink as the skin stretches.
after a good poop she is back to normal until the next feed. funny enough it is my only 'normal' zebra, all the others are long finned
 
Sorry guys realised I posted this twice. Utter Newbie that I am!

Pls See the other post as I have started to reply to that one. But thank you spishkey, fingers crossed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back
Top