Velvet Or Natural Colouration?

kinmad4it

Reaction score
I've been treating my tank for velvet for almost 3 weeks now and the dalmation mollies still have slight gold speckles on them. Non of the other fish seem to have anything that would suggest they are infected too. Which leads me to believe that I'm treating a disease that isn't there.
Could the small gold speckles on the mollies just be natural colouration?
I honestly can't remember if the original dalmation mollies had any gold on them before we got another 2 as maybe, if it was present, it was barely noticable. And only after we got the other 2, and presumably one of them had more noticable gold, that we noticed the others also had gold on them.
They seem to be behaving pretty normally, well, as normal as these numpties can be expected to be.

is it flat against there skin or does it stick out? some dalmation mollies do have gold spots too which doesn't help :rolleyes:

oh yer will need:

tank size?
tank stats: ammonia? nitrate? nitrite? pH?
tank stocking?
any rubbing/flicking?

It seems to be flat up against the skin, but it's hard to tell.

Stats are as follows:
28 Gallon tank
from last tests I did Ammonia was 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate around 15 to 20
I've got 5 dalmation mollies
2 zebra and 2 leopard danios
1 female swordtail
2 columbian tetras

Some of them were flicking a week or so ago, but I haven't noticed any more evidence of flicking. Was slightly worried last night as one of them was doing something that can only be described as spazzing out. Looked like she was having convulsions, moving her body from side to side in short sharp almost convulsion like movements.

Most reactions

Back