Valerie and Lyle are making love faces

Texaswoman said:
Sometimes I wonder you all, how is your first time breeding betta without experience breeding? How many you end up? Did all dead or all survive? Just curious.
, start a new topic and have people post 1st spawn experiences and failures. This could help some people understand what it is like and how frustrating it can be to raise them, but it will also fill your heart with joy when you suceed.
I do agreed with that. Then we all know what is their out come is and we can learned from this statistic. Let me start this one a new post then. :D

You guys are wayyyy to hard on the new people here. Ya, not everyone knows as much about fish as you guys... gather a random group of 50 people... 2 out of 50 would know what a neon tetra was. You guys aren't being realistic here. You expect everyone to just know what to do and you bite their heads off when they don't, or shove information down their throats in a very rude manner. It's sad. Stop complaining about newbies and help them out instead of being rude to them. I'm sure that's what you think you all are doing, but from an outside perspective (someone who doesn't breed), all of you "expert" breeders are coming off as a bunch of know it all jerk offs.

Just my opinion, I know it doesn't count for much around here with all the "experts"...

Negative talk, sorry, this is real life and advice from people who have mastered a magic in spawning and raising bettas. The point is not is she wants to she will. We are just trying to tell others the whole picture that most of the newbies seem to not think of.

This right here is the kind of statement I'm talking about. Really arrogant and rude. Maybe you didn't mean to come off that way but geesh. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm glad you think of yourself as a "master" who has a "magic art" or something but come on. Don't want to just pick on one comment because there are many in this thread but whatever, this is just dumb.

I'm sorry you think I was being rude and arrogant, because that was not my purpose. My statement was stated in general that some of the people who have commented on this subject are not possibly "experts", but they are experienced in more than raising a few spawns. The "magic" I was reffering to was basically the point of these people who have done this many times have to have hard work and dedication, and it seems like some are more naturally talented, or something, that they have more luck with keeping spawns alive and getting successful spawns in general. Spawning and raising bettas into adulthood is a very difficult task and requires certain finesse sometimes. Bettas are beautiful creatures with an amazing spawning process and it is quite magical I believe to be able to acheive a successful spawning and raising process for most. Not all people because some seem to do it without even trying :D

I hope that others who have knowledge will continue to share their experiences and offer advice to those in need of it when they can't find it. They just don't want to keep saying the same things over and over again because someone didn't actually want to look for any information regarding the subject. They have the information all over this section and it's a mouse click away, just do a search even to speed things up. It is just silly to ask again and again when you haven't even looked for anything yet. When a question comes up that you can't find an answer for, then ask and members will noramally answer those posts who are a necessity to respond to because the topic is not just basic betta knowledge that is all over this forum. Most information that alot of newbies ask over and over are pinned with special articles for people asking just those questions, so the people who need to possibly reply to other posts have to type the same thing they have already typed, probably way too many times. Sometimes, when they have to reply to those wasted posts, they get a little annoyed and can snap back because all they wanted people to do was look for the information on the forum, instead of just being lazy and waiting for someone to come along and tell them all the answers they need to all to common questions. Then, anyone can get a little pissed when they read a topic of someone that goes along the lines of, "I just got me some bettas, and I put them in a tank so I can spawn them. Now how do they do that again; or so what do I feed them, my bettas just spawned and I have fry." That was the main point to the first responses I think, why are you spawning bettas if you don't know anything yet. Wouldn't it be better to get prepared and know what you are doing when you are doing it?

I understand what you're saying, I do understand that breeding is hard, I have done a lot of research and found out a lot in my time here (year and something) but I still think some people get big heads about it. But in this specific instance, did she actually ask for any help? I think just said she was going to breed soon. Then someone posted a link and someone else yelled that she should have read it before she planned on breeding, assuming that she hadn't already.

She didn't ask for help in THIS thread but has still taken everyone's advice/slams/hyjacks without being rude and I think this went off track and went into a discussion on new breeders in general. Overall, SMSBrunetteGirl has been pretty nice about it. Yay for her :thumbs:

SMSBrunetteGirl said:
Thanks :p .So is there anyone else who`d like to say something?
Hahahaha :lol: Are you trying to get into trouble again? LOL J/K! :lol:

Ohh, ohh, just one more story, please???? Come on, it's can't be bedtime yet!! :sad:

Lol, just kidding, but that's pretty much what I always say when something ends...

Happy happy to everyone!!

Most reactions

Back