Vacation Time, But Many Fry!

jambo1238

New Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Welling, Kent
:unsure: Hi everyone.

I'm going on holiday oon for two weeks, and am so unsure of what to do about my two tanks.

One tank is a planted betta tank and the other is a 30 gallon Shelldweller tank, with over 50 fry.

I'm not sure if to buy an automatic feeder or if to leave the fry to their own devices.

Don't want to come back and all fish to be dead.

Can't ask a friend or my family to feed them as they are all coming with me.


Hope someone has suggetions.

Jamie
 
All friends and family? thats quite a little party your planning huh? do you have a neighbor or co-worker that you semi trust? I would normally say that leaving the fish for a week is fine but two weeks def not, and especially fry, they grow fast and need a constant source of nutrition. I would try to find someone you know to atleast come over everyother day to drop a good amount of food in (instruct them how much as they may end up adding too much and cause a waste spike....)

Ox :good:
 
Yeah it is a very large gathering.

I personally feeling sorry for Denier on the Cota Brava.

Would you not recommend automatic feeders then ox.

I don't trust many with my prized tanks. Lol

Jamie
 
well, I think many members agree with me that auto feeders arn't worth a squat. I guess if you can find one that works, then your good to go. If you have some time before you leave, buy one or two and hook it all up and just watch it over the next week or so and see how things go. If it works as adevertised and your happy, then I guess your all set.

Ox :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top