Vac?

leewilson880

New Member
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
hey there i have a juwel 300l tank and would like a vac for it does anbody know if the battery ones are anygood?? and where i can obtain one for my size of tank??

Many thanks
Lee.
 
Ive got a battery one and its quite useful as you can vac the gravel for as long as you need to without worrying about draining too much water out.

As for the size if you get a regular one, you could easily add extra pipe on the end providing you can find some the right size. Not sure if this would affect the suction though...
 
I have a Juwel Rio 300 and a standard vac which I made longer by using the tube from an old one that I broke. Then I saw that you can actually buy longer ones! I got mine from ebay. :) PS You don't lose any water with mine, it just runs back into the tank. If you want to use it as a siphon you can attach some tubing.
 
If hes in the UK it could p;rove quite hard/expensive to find a python... I tried and it just wasnt worth the money. I dont really need one with my 15G tank anyway :P
 
There's another brand that is similar. Maybe it's more readily available in the UK. It's called Lee's Ultimate GravelVac.
 
I have a large tank - 250L and I bought a manual self starting one and im thrilled with the performance, its brilliant as it really sucks up the gunk without sucking up the gravel and it also has a scraper to scrape the bottom at the same time. It also has a good long hose, and its cheap!! I find it does a really thorough clean along with my weekly water change. If you are in the UK you can buy online here:-

Gravel Vac
 
So it doesnt lose suction?..


Sorry, I logged off before this question came up. No, it doesn't lose suction. I only use it for tidying up between water changes as I have a 15" Common Pleco. I use an ordinary gravel vac for water changes. My first battery one broke because the tank was too deep for it and water got in the battery bit. That's why I bought another one and modified it by using the tube off the old one to make an extra long tube but you can actually get ones for 2 foot deep tanks. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top