Uv For Bacterial Bloom?

Carbon was removed during earlier Medication - bought new stuff and put that in at the weekend. Water now no longer Green because of the Meds use but still the white bloom exists. Looks like the new carbon is removing the B-CLEAR before it has chance to work. I'll wait another couple of days then remove the carbon again and treat with B-CLEAR for the last time - if this doesnt work then I will just sit it out like SJ2K has done as Im not too happy throwing chems into the tank at will. They say TIME is a great healer - lets hope so.

Yes, pretty useless as a long term filter, this is a well known fact that carbon filters become loaded very quickly, but they are very efficent. First thing to do then: remove the carbon. ONLY use it AFTER a course of meds to remove excess meds from water.

Other than that, no point having it in the filter.

Andy

Carbon even when depleted has a large surface area. It can support a bacterial colony.

OFC you can just buy some ceramic rings but you do get carbon free with allot of filters and im kinda tight :p

Im used filter aid on several occasions (similar to b-clear im sure), carbon and im using ceramic rings atm, none will clear it like patience and lots of large water changes :) Try doing a 40-50% water change every 2 days or so, it WILL work :)

Im used filter aid on several occasions (similar to b-clear im sure), carbon and im using ceramic rings atm, none will clear it like patience and lots of large water changes :) Try doing a 40-50% water change every 2 days or so, it WILL work :)

Cheers my friend, I will persevere - did a 25% water change last night and of course it initially looked better but will know more when I get home this evening.

Thanks again.

Hi guys, ok following several measures, ie getting rid of a few platy's and a load of tetras, as well as investing in a 2213 eheim external filter which is currently running as well as my fluval 2 internal filter, just till it gets going i still have really cloudy water, i've checked my water parameters and they're all fine, plus i've been using green away as well as accu clear but nothing is helping, plus over the last few days i've had a few tetra deaths, as a result i now only have in my 69 litre: one sailfin plec (he's pretty small at the mo)
two female platys
two male platys
two corydoras
two black neons and two neon tetras.........any suggestions guys i dunno what to do, im getting really frustrated with all the water changes and also all the expense....thanks! :sick :angry:: x

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back