Using Heaters

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok as lame as it sounds I have never had to use a heater ... The weather has kept the temp more higher then lower ....

But the temp is getting a little high so I might need use of a heater to correct this issue.

I have a Radiant ... So I simply just turn the knob until it turns on and if I want it higher just tune it up slighty or lower just tune it down slightly until its right?

No idea what heater you are talking about, but yes, that is how you adjust heaters. But if the temp is getting high, than you do not want a heater, that won't do anything to lower the temp. It just turns off and stops producing heat when the set temperature is met or exceeded.

Ryan

I don't mean to be harsh, but it would be a lot easier to keep up with your topics if you posted them all in one area. Some of your questions aren't even in the right section. I want to help you, but I am put off by the fact that there are so many different topics for me to look at.

Just something to think about.

No idea what heater you are talking about, but yes, that is how you adjust heaters. But if the temp is getting high, than you do not want a heater, that won't do anything to lower the temp. It just turns off and stops producing heat when the set temperature is met or exceeded.

Ryan

As suggested someone said to keep the temp down put a frozen coke bottle in the tank and let the heater keep the temp right.

I am not concerned I am just doing a water change right now with water at the right temp so it will cool (for now)

I don't mean to be harsh, but it would be a lot easier to keep up with your topics if you posted them all in one area. Some of your questions aren't even in the right section. I want to help you, but I am put off by the fact that there are so many different topics for me to look at.

Just something to think about.

Yeah I know I have posting issues ... I will stop doing this.

As suggested someone said to keep the temp down put a frozen coke bottle in the tank and let the heater keep the temp right.
I just read in another post by a very knowlegeable member that frozen bottles won't do to much(unless maybe its 5 gallons).

How about you turn air conditioner on? That will keep the room cooler and also the tank cooler :good:

One thing though, large masses are not very easy to cool once they overheat. I would just try to prevent the need to drop ice in the tank by turning on the air conditioning or something. Ask Ski. He just had his tank overheat and had a VERY hard time bringing the temp down even with fans, ice, turning on the air conditioning, and turning off lights and other things.

Ryan

I don't have an air conditioner its nothing super to worry about ... its just its at 80 and this isn't even our hottest day I have every window and door open as possible ... I beleive he is good until 82??

One of the most effective ways to cool off a tank is to aim a fan to blow across the top of the water. Of course, you'll have increased evaporation.
And make sure the fan can't fall in the tank :crazy:

Most reactions

Back