Using A Plastic Critter Keeper As A Fish Tank?

OneOnion

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a plastic five gallon Critter Keeper used for reptiles and I was wondering if it was O.K. to use it as a fish tank for the red cherry shrimp I'm going to get? It holds water fine, I checked that. It has a few scratches, though. Do you think the heat of the water will make the plastic melt into the water and make the fish/invertebrates have cancer? I don't know if it's possible, but I was just thinking how people say not to drink bottled water that was in your car for a few days because the plastic chemicals would melt into the water(or somethinglike that) and make it cause cancer.
 
Do you know if the plastic is acrylic? If so then yes, it would be just fine.

Also, you need to make sure your water stats are top-notch for cherry shrimp, or they WILL find a way out. lol. :lol:

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top