Used Red Sea Max 650 - when did they change the lighting? Anything I should look out for?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DGJ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am looking at buying a used Red Sea Max 650. I am trying to work out how old it is and wanted to know if anyone knew when they upgraded the canopy from the old style to the new one as in the pictures below?

Also are there any know issues with used RSM that I should look out for? Or with used aquariums in general?

Picture one is the latest RSM MAx 650 for sale on the site.
Picture two is the one I am looking to purchase that has the old style canopy lid with different lights.

Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• Read Sea LED.jpg
    Read Sea LED.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Red Sea Dubizzle.jpg
    Red Sea Dubizzle.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 84
Also are there any know issues with used RSM that I should look out for? Or with used aquariums in general?
Red Sea Max is one of the best systems on the planet, as it’s an “all in one system”, which literally means you can plug and play.

I wouldn’t buy it used if I were you. If you bought it new, you would have a warranty Justin case anything goes wrong. If you buy it used, you don’t have a warranty.

—-

Just make sure all of the equipment is running smoothly and working properly. If the seller refuses to show you something, he is most likely trying to hide it.

Picture one is the latest RSM MAx 650 for sale on the site.
Picture two is the one I am looking to purchase that has the old style canopy lid with different lights.
No clue on this one.

Did he just take the light off the bracket and make a DIY canopy? If so, it should be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Back