Urinating on Tomato Plants-Does it work or does it not and why?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Do you Urinate on your Tomato Plants

• Total voters
What a question to ask when its lunchtime :D

I have no tomato plants, I hate tomatoes....and I certainly would not pee on them if I had tomato plants.....sounds disgusting quite frankly :sick::sick::sick::sick:

It’s just like feeding plants with fish water. Yes there’s food in it for the plants, but it’s extremely dilute compared to water with a dose of plant food in it.

I once spent a couple of...erm...'trying' summers, working in a market garden greenhouse, harvesting tomatoes.
Whilst urine does contain nitrogen-based compounds, usually beloved of most plants, urine also contains a plethora of other chemicals and minerals. Also be aware that the pH can be non-conducive to tomato health.
Urine should not, therefore, be applied directly to the tomatoes.

All that said, if it is applied to the ground with, for example, ash from the bonfire, it does make good fertiliser.

I have to say in my fifty or so years of gardening, I’ve never used human waste on my tomatoes or any other plants. I do use some of my aquarium water but mostly on my roses and azaleas. I am a firm believer that meat eaters waste should never be used unless it has been treated and then I still wouldn’t use it. Plus, you know, if you pee on your tomatoes and you have hepatitis and somehow a transfer happens from like an insect or bird and then other people could become infected.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back