Upgrading...

fattikins

New Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I plan to upgrade my 10 gallon into a 20 gallon using the money I make from selling the 10. In the 10 I have 5 zebra danios and in my new tank I really want to add a betta. I have heard mixed things about their fin-nipping tendencies. I was wondering if I could put the danios with the betta? If I put a school of neons in will they be nippy too? I don't want to give away my danios but I really want a betta. Also, I don't want to get just separate tank with a betta, I wanted to have one for a centerpiece fish.
Oh yeah, there will be a lot of plant cover in the 20.

Thanks
 
It's not so much a problem of the betta nipping them but the other way around. The danios and some tetras will nip at the betta. They are faster moving fish and will probably stress the betta out. People have done it so it can be done. You just have to keep a good watch to see what happens.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top