Upgrading T8 To T5 Lumens Per Litre ?

Dazzer87

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi I'm In the process of upgrading my 52L (60x30x29), It has currently a 15w PL T8 which seems to keep the basic stuff alive pretty well. What I propose to do is step it up a notch, I have a co2 recipe that seems to be working well but with the poor lighting I still struggle to get any more demanding plant to grow healthy. I have bought 2 T5 tubes that have no ratings on the website but I did manage to find some information on the internet.

J5 Plant pro 24w (438mm) 18"
J5 Orignal Tropical Pro 24w (438mm) 18"

From what I have found the Plant pro is supposedly 1100 Lumens :cool: and is 7400k. I have not see any specifications for the tropical pro tube but I have emailed arcadia and should hopefully get a reply in a few days.
I have ordered a Hagen glo controller that includes the water resistant end caps and electronic starter rated for two 24watt t5's. When I fit all this to my tank how do I know how many lumens etc are in the water at depth. I would like to have a small carpet grow but I don't understand all this watt per gallon stuff as what I have read it does not apply to t5's becuause of the higher lumen output.

If anyone could assist me I would be very grateful

cheers

Most reactions

trending

Back