Update On Fluval Chi, And Betta Identification

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DomH

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys dom here

Just got the anubias in and also put the betta in, can someone give me the gender of this betta?

Thanks

Dom
1ca94915906a470158dd1239c2ce138a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
281d835122040449406bc5321449a5e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going just by fin length and color, I can't tell. Look and see if it has an oviposter. Only females have them, and it looks like a white dot poking out on the underside of the fish (between the ventral and anal fins).

That is a male double tail plakat.  Looking at body shape, fin shape/size in the dorsal, anal, and pectoral fins say male.   He is a pretty boy.  :)

ZephyrStarPlaties said:
Going just by fin length and color, I can't tell. Look and see if it has an oviposter. Only females have them, and it looks like a white dot poking out on the underside of the fish (between the ventral and anal fins).
Males (especially when young) can have a white spot on the underside of their belly that closely resembles a female's oviposter.  So going just by a white dot on the belly is not a good way to judge gender.  :)  

Wildbetta said:
That is a male double tail plakat.  Looking at body shape, fin shape/size in the dorsal, anal, and pectoral fins say male.   He is a pretty boy.  
smile.png

Males (especially when young) can have a white spot on the underside of their belly that closely resembles a female's oviposter.  So going just by a white dot on the belly is not a good way to judge gender.  
smile.png

Huh, good to know!

Most reactions

Back