Unique Fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Braddah

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:D Can ne1 help me decide on a new fish??? I have 2 angels, 2 black skirt tetras (havent decided if there staying in the tank) 1 dwarf gourami, and 1 Ornate Bichir... I want one more fish to put in the tank but I want some pizaz, some umphh! something way far out and groovy, but wont get eaten in the process...any suggustions.....(ps they r in a 20 for right now but i want to upgrade to a 50 shortly...as in the next month) :D

a school of albino corys are very cool, just got 3 but im getting 3 for all my tanks and six for my bigger tanks, they are peacful and they dont get in fights and i dont think anyone whould touch them cause they dont go to the top to feed, they also will give you a wink once in a whiile, they have cool wiskers, and they are the funnest fish ive ever had. i highly recomend them as it looks you need a scavenger, you might also might want to check out the glass catfish you can see though them, or the upside down cat(name speaks for it self) :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun:

The bichir would eat the cories. Are you wanting a bottom roaming fish? If you want a catfish look into some of the syno cats. They are great looking fish. You could go with a firemouth in that 50 gal that would get great colors and isn't to aggressive.

Yes but are taller bodied. They also stay towards the top, whereas the cories would be sharing the bottom of the tank with the bichir.

Blackskirts are just gonna be a late night snack for a ornate once it gets some size on it,dont forget ornates get to 20" plus and have mouths like snakes.Also tetras like to swim near the bottom when its lights out time,just when the bichirs are coming out to feed and just in the right place :lol:

well that solves the question of moving the tetras back to thier original tank. thanx 4 the suggestions but dont the cats have to be kept in brackish h2o?

I don't think that you can keep cats in brackish water cuz the salt is bad for scaless fish. Discus are really nice, but they are very sensitive to water quality I would wait on those. I also like gouramis: Flame, honeycomb, dwarf, opal etc. they have a lot of color, but I have never had one myself so I'm not sure what they're like temperment wise. They are nice looking fish though.

Most reactions

Back