unidentified insect evil looking creature Help

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mistwill

Reaction score
:unsure: Need help has anyone had anything like this

I am new to fish keeping and currently have a tank with 6 adult platys in and 6
3 wk old platy's my biggest achievement and two sunset gourami's ( recently aquired) and numerous snails after initial cycling trouble all is well and stabalised hence the new aquisition water quality is good.

However I noticed a shell of what looked like a wasp in the tank the tank was clean and I left it be as cleaning was not due till today I then looked to clean the shell out and did so but then noticed the living version of the skeleton an insect aprox 2cm long black 6 legs aquatic and frankly evil looking

I fished it out and disposed of said creature I must admit it looks like a larvee dragonflyesque it has a clear thorax to head devision and a black thorax quite fat no wings only legs 6 of these nor does it have paddles of any kind can move quickly but generally looks cumbersome and climbs through water

but how could it have got there on the plants perhaps in the gravel? what is it ? was there two did one die hence skeleton or is that how it grows? will it harm my fish ? will there be more ?

my tank is in my clean living room we don't even have flies in the house let alone this !!!!

dragonym.jpg

does it look ayting like that? that's a dragonfly larvae...very freakish looking if you askme

Definitely sounds like a dragonfly larvae. The same thing happened to me and frit the bejesus out of me ! :eek:

Wayhey that's the little bugger! Thanks for the info - at least I don't have to worry about getting the local witch doctor in to do a tank exorcism... :fun:

Most reactions

Back