Unhealthy jack Dempsey

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Trever.H34

Reaction score
I just recently picked up this Jack Dempsey for really cheap, but the only problem is I have no idea how to fix this problem he has with its eye can someone give me some advice

Attachments

• 3501ADEF-B566-4210-B19D-DC765A68CE96.jpeg
    3501ADEF-B566-4210-B19D-DC765A68CE96.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 15
I just recently picked up this Jack Dempsey for really cheap, but the only problem is I have no idea how to fix this problem he has with its eye can someone give me some advice
Could be popeye.
You could try dosing API salt with a dose rate of 2 tablespoons per 5 gallons.
But others may have a better outlook on this. I'm definitely no expert.
@Byron may be able to shed further light on this when he is online again

Could be popeye.
You could try dosing API salt with a dose rate of 2 tablespoons per 5 gallons.
But others may have a better outlook on this. I'm definitely no expert.
@Byron may be able to shed further light on this when he is online again
Awesome okay thanks guys

Awesome okay thanks guys
Take note, don't add all the salt all at once. Introduce it gradually so you don't shock the fish.
If your fish is NOT a hard water fish, do not leave salt in the tank for more than 4 weeks. And when doing water changes, don't forget to add the correct dosage to the buckets.
When you stop using the salt and "remove" it, "remove" it gradually and add smaller amounts of salt to not shock the fish from going from salt to fresh water instantly.

Colin_T recommends daily 10% water changes for a week, then 20% daily water chnages for a week using just dechlorinated water to remove the salt from the tank. This lowers the salt concentration slightly every day until it's all gone.

See post #2 here for using salt as a treatment

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back