Ugly Plec

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kevjue1

Reaction score
hi ive got a 4inch plec aout 6 month old,i think its a beautiful fish but wife and kids think its ugly ,does anybody else think they are ugly?

i love plecs they have lovely markings and character.
my mum hated my plec and it would scare her when he sucked onto the front of the tank. but she loves my cory though

i love plecs at first i thought they were a bit ugly but so lovely when you get to know them lol.
depends on the breed.

x

Personally I really like plecos, but it may be an 'aquired taste' for a lot of people. I know that a lot of people really love them and I have seen websites dedicated to just pleco lovers. There are a TON of different kinds of plecostomus and some of them are used as a tank's main attraction. You should take a look at golden nugget pleco or an emperor or tiger plecostomus. These are my a couple of my favorite types.

I like them until they get to around the 9 inch mark, then they reach scary status as far as I'm concerned. Of course I won't go fishing because I refuse to touch the fish, however I have no problem scooping up my bettas so the net won't damage their fins, or stripping a cichlid. Go figure.

I love plecos too! I have a common and Albino Chocolate. The common is almost 6" now and taking over my tank..... I love it! They look like dinosaurs and it seems like they come from another age. I just wish they werent so messy, but hey.... its just like a cute baby, you gladly clean up their crap for the all the joy they bring to your life!

when one freind heard i head a BN pleco they said EWW.
But since two friends have come over and said how cool she/he is(still not sure)

Me and my hubby just adore pleco's :wub:

They make an interesting addition to any tank just because they are so different to your 'normal' fish. Just the way they move around the tank can be hilarious sometimes - they're not the most agile of fish. Plus you can get some amazing colours and patterns. They are ugly, but in a cute way and they tend to have more personality than the other fish.

Thinking of getting a plec only tank in the future just cos we love them so much!

I love my plec I think it might be a girl because it's bristles aren't very big but I don't have anything to compare it to. Doesn't matter though - he/she is great either way!!

My other half didn't like him much when we first got him - he didn't want one but I insisted and now he's grown to love him!!

when one freind heard i head a BN pleco they said EWW.
But since two friends have come over and said how cool she/he is(still not sure)

My other half didn't like him much when we first got him - he didn't want one but I insisted and now he's grown to love him!!

I Love how people don't wanna give these guys a chance at first because they are just so different. But, it's even better when the people start talking about them and can't help bringing them up in conversation because unbeknownst to them, they have become obsessed with them! :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back