Tropical Fish Newbee :)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kaspa

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello there, im kaspa from milton keynes. I will be getting my aquarium in the next week or so from a friends mum free of charge. Ive never kept fish before so any hints, tips, or general information would be greatly appreciated. :)

HELLO!!

if the tank is currently up and running then keepin as much good bacteria alive as possible is best! putting the filter in a bucket of aquarium water whilst moving location and water from the setup tank wont hurt either!

i hadnt kept fish until recenlty an now im hooked! u'll find yourself watching them instead of the T.V!

how big is the tank?

Hey, I was born and raised in MK and then moved to Texas in the USA last October!

What fish are you thinking of getting? We need a lot more info before we can give specific hints, but the biggest one is always read up on what you're thinking of doing, make sure you know what you're doing before you get into it, and don't rush into anything!

Hello :)  Im not sure how big exactly?? I keep seeing and hearing people talking about the size in gallons?? The measurements of the tank are 2ft.3inc wide by 1ft depth and 1ft height. There are only 6 fish in it at the moment.

Thank you fungustrooper :)
Im not exactly sure what fish im going to keep yet. Im aware that certain breeds can not live together in harmony. Ive been doing abit of research on the internet but i see alot of contradictions. I also went to a local aquatic centre where the assistant just overloaded me with far too much info my my brain to digest!! lol

Hi, :hi: to the forum.
The biggest tip I can offer you is to read up on cycling, the link is in my signature.

You have to watch with some LFS a often some will sell you things that aren't needed or will tell you things just to get you to buy stuff. Unless you know they are a trustable shop, ask on here first.

The dimensions you have given for the tank equal 65 Litres/17 gallons (US).

Thank you for your help Blondielovefish, I appreciate your size conversion :)
I will read your link for cycling now.

kaspa said:
Thank you for your help Blondielovefish, I appreciate your size conversion
smile.png

I will read your link for cycling now.
 :) No problem.
If you have any questions about cycling then feel free to ask! :)

I dont think i have to do cycling as the tank is already running at a friends house. What i need to do is move it from there to my house. It already has about 6 fish in it. Im not sure the best way to move/transport it?? Do i need to take the water that is already in the tank to my house?? And can i add new stones etc.. before  i add the existing water? And how long before i can return the fish to the tank?? Sorry about all the questions lol, i need an idiots guide on how to do this in the correct way :)

I've posted a step-by-step guide on how to move the tank in your other thread, kaspa
smile.png

Most reactions

Back