Tropica Big Tank In London.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this weekend Tropica (with a few well known aquascapers) are setting up a 10,000 ltr tank in New Malden in London. If any of you are around and want to witness the event, please pop down. It's being covered by Practical fishkeeping and some news papers.

http://tropica.v5.baseshop.dk/en/plants/plant-articles/big-tank-events.aspx

Hope to see some of you there.

Yes Mike, it should be really interesting as we have the cream of uk aquascaping doing it. George Farmer, Mark Evans, Stu Worral, Tony Swinney and Dan Crawford (and myself, I don't put myself in their league though), are all doing the planting. Ill post some pics after the weekend.

oh wow i hope it turns out well, be a bit disappointing if it dident  tbh id put you in there league 

Oh, I don't know, their tanks are well received by the international rules, yours I like. Just because there are silly rules that you don't necessarily follow doesn't make them better, just different.

You and Tom have some of my favourite scapes that can actually be done by real people, using things that they can actually get without blowing the budget into low earth orbit, and that is definitely worth something. Now that may well be because the others (and you're latest scape) were sponsored by others and their early scapes were more along that line, but for me, it's nice to see people scaping in that style as it makes it accessible. So for me, I agree with Mike, you're up there mate, if you want evidence, look at your latest tank with our eyes for a moment. It's a big thing to inspire wonder and jealousy with 1 picture.

edit - oh, and many reasons why I can't do London this weekend, I think I'm supposed to be in about 5 places, but am going to be in none of them. Have fun though.

Ian, you should most definitely class yourself in the same league as those guys.

Is Stu Worral the "Stu" that used to be active on here?

We live right nearby... though don't think the kids will find that a fun day out!  LOL

Is it the big tank that (at last visit) had marine fish in it?

Please, if anyone is attending get some pics for us living across the pond!
photo.gif

Well I know Ian was there and has at least 2 pictures, so I suspect he'll be back to post, but is probably trying to recover and gain forgiveness from his other half for taking Saturday out messing with a tank that isn't even his.

If I weren't working all weekend I would be there in a flash 
sad.png

Fingers crossed we will get to see plenty of pictures 
smile.png

We're in Stockport pets at home this weekend, scaping another 10,000 ltr tank. If you're around the area please pop down and have a look.

Awesome!  Wish I could go and see that tank!  Thanks for posting the pics :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back