Tropica 1-2 Grow Scape

It is a nice plant, mine always seems to melt whenever I plant it, might have another go once I've cleared the fry from my growing tank.

My tank is red and green. I have chili rasbora, scarlet badis, and cherry shrimp. I also have some pygmy cory for balance. I have mostly green plants with one red one that I don't know the name of as it wasn't labeled at the store but it's only red toward the surface.  It looks nice, but I really want a red plant.

That's the one bad thing about so many UK people is that they have access to things I can't always find. Lucky.

I believe that you can't get the tissue cultured stuff that Ian is using over there either.

Yeah it's called invitro over in the states. It tends to be a bit hardier as well and less prone to melt.

The secret with potted A mini is to nip the tops off and replant, that way you get less melt.

The thing with cultures are that they all have their own separate gels, so some are more powerful than others, depending on the plant.

Nice site though Mike.

ian said:
Yeah it's called invitro over in the states. It tends to be a bit hardier as well and less prone to melt.
I'm not familiar with this. What exactly is it?

tcamos said:

I'm not familiar with this. What exactly is it?

Tissue cultured plants. There's a fairly good run down in the link that Mike posted of how it's done.

Hi, 

Where can I get it? I love it. Thanks Becketlady

However, do the plants over grown in the tank, if so....what to do?

its really nice I love it. Going to have to work some OT so I can get my Tank sooner than later, really excited about getting a planted aquarium going.

Fabulous looking tank, brilliant!

I too am a big fan of the 1,2 Grow stuff. Lab grown, guaranteed snail free and shrimp safe!

Can I get them without using alot of light? My living room have indirect sunlight coming in. Thanks

becketlady said:
Can I get them without using alot of light? My living room have indirect sunlight coming in. Thanks

I'm not sure of the availability in the US for the 1-2 Grow stuff, there may be something very similar over there and it could be called something different. I seem to remember another member mentioning the name 'Invitro', or something like that.

There are a couple of them in the 1-2 grow range that have low light requirements - nymphoides aquatica (banana plant) is amazing, I can't get mine to stop growing. Riccia is very easy too.

Good luck if you decide to go for some!

Most reactions

Back