tropic marin sea salt??

fishygeezer

New Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all, i have 4 small gsp's which i want to start converting on to brackish water could any one tell me if TROPIC MARIN sea salt is the right type of salt to be using??
Also while i was cleaning the tank out one of the gsps made a sorta war cry a couple of times and showed his teeth was really weird lol.
 
I'm not framilar with that brand, I've used Instant Ocean for at least 4 years and it works great. Just make sure the salt is for marine tanks and has all buffers and other junk for a marine tank. DON'T use the medical salt for freshwater. BTW make sure you have a good hydrometer.
 
Any brand that is ok for marine aquariums is fine for your BW fish. I usually buy the cheapest bucket i can find. Are you aware you will be looking for a 120g tank for them in the future?

Read: GSPs
 
A bigger tank is defo on next years pressie list but i guess it will take them a few years to reach 5-6 inch?
One thing i have noticed is that they really do poop alot!!!much messier than i imagined on my sand :angry:
I've tryed them on frozen mussel,cockle,bloodworm and cockle in shell aswell as snails,the snails,cockle in shell and bloodworm are favorite in that order.
Considering a protein skimmer to help ensure good water condtions and may do away with the sand to make hoovering easier!
 
Yes, sand is a PITA. It must be stirred weekly to insure that no anerobic (toxic) pockets of bacteria forms under there. I prefer crushed coral. My 2" GSPs grew to 6" within 2 years.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top