Triple Nano Formation

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OohFeeshy

It's only forever; not long at all...
Reaction score
You may, or may not, have seen the thread about my 15g. If you haven't, ya boo sucks to you. If you have, you may have seen the random picture of the <1g nano I was doing at the time. Well, sadly for my monies, I've been bored and am in the process of doing three at a time.

Tank 1- Luscious Jungle

Tank is one of the mini Azoo ones. I've nabbed the rest of the kit for other tanks, and so (plus because it's diddy), there's no filtration or anything. Lighting is a 10w halogen desk lamp.

Plants- The background is cuttings of Hygro 'Thai stricta' from the 15g. I've put in some teeny vallis as a 'foreground' plant, which you can't really see because of my experiment. Now, pretty much all the mosses we use are actually terrestrial (or, at least generally grow on land) but can adapt to submerged life. I had some moss from our garden left after making terrariums, so I washed it and tied it to the slate. We shall see what happens. Incidently, that's why it looks such a mess- because I just dumped the slate in and am waiting to see what happens.

P2190098.jpg

Tank 2- Bamboo Dreams

No, it isn't actually bamboo. But, after putting in the Hygro lacustris which didn't really work in the 15g, it looked cunningly similar. I'm having quite a lot of problems with this tank at the moment. Firstly, this wasn't initially the tank I was using- I upgaded from a smaller tank partly for more swimming room, partly because this tank has a biiig light installed. Which is great, except upon plugging it in, the bulb is dead. So I've got another desk lamp up until I can be bothered to buy a new bulb. I've also had a problem with some weird, icky alien slime on the sand- where it came from I've no idea, no other tanks have had it. I've syphoned it out, hopefully it won't come back. There's not a whole lot I need to do here- I need to get more hygro because it's pretty bare, and possibly some more crypts to put by the rocks. This shall be done when monies have been obtained.

Oh yeah- because the light in the hood isn#t working, I've taken it off so I can leave the HOB on it for now. Once the bulb is in, I'll revert to an ugly but practical internal.

P2190101.jpg

Tank 3- Temporarily titled - 'PWMG!!! Moss!!!'

This is a bit of a maybe as I'm lacking in space, but since I've technically ordered a load of moss I suppose I'll *have* to set up a shiny mossy tank. I've ordered a 'moss selection pack' from Greenline, which apparently has 6 different types of whatever they've got lying around. No tank pictures as of, but it's a 10l Aquaone Mirage which, apparently, doesn't actually exist. Oh well. The main dilemma I'm having is lighting. Whilst I could, in theory, reuse the clip-on one from the Azoo, it's rather blue and seems to encourage algae like the blazes. I'll possibly end up using one of the much-used desk lamps- it's not as if high lighting is needed. Aquascape really depends on what I end up with getting. I might even do it partially filled with areas out of the water to get some emersed growth.

Most reactions

Back