Triops

hi, one more thing to hatch the eggs do i just put them straight in to the tank? I haven't got a remp guage on the tank but the heater is set to 24 degrees.
Cheers,
Dean.

just a tank with no heater or anything is needed for hatching dont use a heater yet get some dead leaves from your garden and soak them in rain water for 5 :shifty: hours then put them in the tank and leave the tank for 1hour then put the eggs in and put the lamp over the eggs this gets me 90% hatching 100% is impossible :) pm for anything ive grown triops for 2years now

hi, one more thing to hatch the eggs do i just put them straight in to the tank? I haven't got a remp guage on the tank but the heater is set to 24 degrees.
Cheers,
Dean.
Colbats info is a little wrong......leaving the leaves in the water before putting the triops in actually decreases the hatch rate, and you will get no where near 90% hatch rate no matter what water you use.....

Anyway, you don't mean your fish tank do you? But a separate tank then yes, if you can fill the hatching tank with 1 litre of spring water (2 litres max) and set the heater to 23 degrees celcius (if not 24 will be fine) the eggs will hatch.
You can use water from your fish tank too, however you will generally get faster hatching from spring water :good: .

Another thing is that if you want them to grow faster, set the heater on a timer to turn off at night (as long as the water temperature doesn't drop below 18 celcius for extended periods at night).

The thing colbat was trying to say about the leaves is that the triops need infusoria to eat when they just hatch, to provide this you will need to make some detritus following the instructions here.

Although if you use aquarium water from a mature tank (preferably over 6 months old) you will not need to do this :good: .

ye what he said -runs out door- im sure i get 90% or something good and sorry ive got a BIG exam on friday and i need to revise ill post eggs when i can with the paper towl moist lol (laugh out loud)

You cant get 90% because lots of the eggs need to be dried out multiple times to hatch, and some will only hatch once they have been in the water for an certain pre-programmed period of time (but you never notice these hatchlings because the adult triops in the tank always eat them).

Nope, he's not....I've never even met him. And trust me, I have a bigger exam tomorrow, my French standard grade speaking....I hate French.. :shout:

r.i.p my biggest triops cancreforims died yesterday he didnt eat his live food ethier and it been in thier for 5 days but i have some baby t.longicadus

Colbat1, this isn't a chatroom ;) . If you want to share peices of your life with people, go to 'live chat' or use PM.

you know what sean after ive sent the eggs im going to block you on everything :rolleyes: possible and never talk to you agian im upsetish :rolleyes: and youre just trying to be the boos/policeman

you know what sean after ive sent the eggs im going to block you on everything :rolleyes: possible and never talk to you agian im upsetish :rolleyes: and youre just trying to be the boos/policeman

for the love of all that is right and proper, use a spellchecker!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back