Treating With Melafix

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Danh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi people, i've just started to treat my tank for torn fins on my angels and a scape one of my blue rams received from a scape against a rock, leaving its flesh open. So i dug out an old air pump and put it in with the dosing of melafix, but my question is do i have to leave the air pump running all day for the 7 day treatment or can i leave it on for the same time as my lights, because my pump is so noisey its unreal.

Dan.

It will be better to have the pump running constantly throughout the treatment really- if you suspend the pump in the water hanging off something so it is not lying on the bottom of the tank, it should make a lot less noise :good: .

Ok Tokis i will try that and try wrapping the actual pump in bubble wrap to insulate the noise some more.

Ok Tokis i will try that and try wrapping the actual pump in bubble wrap to insulate the noise some more.

The bubble wrap will just make it float- just try suspending it from its wire in the tank so it is near the bottom of the tank but not actually on it :nod: .

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back