Treating Tank With Pimafix

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
my fish have come down with some white cottony diesese so i scooped them out of there nice 65 gallon house and have them (6 rainbows, 6 black skirt tetras) in a spare 10 gallon heated and filtered with a AquaClear 50 with just some old sponge from my main tank. i added a teaspoon of pimafix per instructions but i think i need to do a water change. rainbows have been in there for over 24hrs and the black skirts about 4 hours... waters getting slighty cloudy... if i take out half the water should i just put half a teaspoon in... its a 10 gallon tank and the dosage is 1 teaspoon/10G thanks just dont want to overdose or kill my fish

I wouldn't worry too much about overdosing pimafix. In the extremes you can overdose it, but if you are changing half the water close enough will be sufficient. Just add half a teaspoon (2.5ml) to the tank once the water has been changed.

phew... good to hear that as i already did it- the tank got quite cloudy with 12 fish(6 large rainbows and 6 large blk skrt tetras)i carefully took out half the water and re added it with some stress coat and pima fix. the pima does seem to be working as nobody has any white anymore exept 1 rainbow with a little spek on his mouth. will keep them in for a week and pray they dont get sick again in the main tank one by one

Why did you not treat the whole main tank? I would imagine being in such a small tank would stress them more. Unless of course you have sensitive fish in the main tank too, which obviously I dont know.

Most reactions

trending

Back