Transporting Livestock

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LiamGoodaire

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi everyone been a while since i posted but been on snooping around still. over the easter period me and the gf have been mainly at my house due to commitments with my training schedule but we have paid a few visits to some of the LFS and we came home with 7 red crystal shrimp (3 pregnant) as we only have 1 red cherry left at her house caused by a silly mistake :( and 2 assasin snails.
we will be going to her house till net week as of tomorrow but these inverts are currently in a large breeding trap (plastic) in my musk turtle setup to keep them to temp. it is a hour long journey to my gf's house and basically im wondering what is the best and safest way to get these to her house as they werent cheap and dont fancy chucking my money away.....

Cheers Goodaire

I am very far from an expert, and am interested in others' replies, but everything that I've read said that they need something (like a plant) to hold on to inside the bag, or they won't make the journey.

Best wishes with the transport.

The shrimps will be fine in a bag with some of your tank water and some java moss to cling on to and the snails can be loosely wrapped in some wet kitchen paper then put into a small plastic bag (the ones that have the plastic seal strip?) :good:

Cheers guys, temperature wise wildly they be fine? Whilst I'm here anybody have much knowledge on shrimp pregnancy and any like tips? How long do they usually carry for?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back