Topfin PF75 filter

Sexy Rexy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a Topfin PF75 aquarium filter. If you’re familiar with this particular filter you know that it has two carbon filled filters and two bio filters. I change the two carbon filters every 30 days and my question is this. Do I ever need to change the plastic bio filters or do I just let them be?

Rinse them in old tank water, but DON'T replace them, they are where your BB grows.
BTW, you don't need the carbon, I'd fill it's space with ceramic media.

Many here advise to replace the carbon inserts with cut-to -size sponge/foam media. The you will not have to replace it , but will just need to rinse out in tank water once or twice a month. . No need to change the biofilters, just rinse in tank water when you do filter maintenance.

These filter companies want you to use their media and replace it often so they can make more money from people who buy their filters. Use your own media like sponges/foam and save lots of $$.

Rinse them in old tank water, but DON'T replace them, they are where your BB grows.
BTW, you don't need the carbon, I'd fill it's space with ceramic media.
Thanks SH7,
I kinda figured that was the case but wanted to be sure. I’m not familiar with ceramic filter media. Can you provide me with examples?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back