Tom's 40cm Ada

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The volume is about 25l, so just over 5.5 UK gallons. I was going to put more Xmas moss around the wood but I ran out :rolleyes: Need to find some more at some point

Tom

I brought some HC and a bit of Riccia home from college yesterday and thats all planted in now, just needs to fill out. I also bought some of what I think is a Red Myriophyllum for the back behind the Java Fern.

The umbrosum is still struggling a bit, but the new growth seems nice and healthy. The moss is still going like mad and to my surprise the Java Fern is growing new (1-2") leaves so the old ones might have to be cut off soon.

I've switched to a 24w 8000k 60cm T5 light tube from today, which is the colour ADA use on their systems. I got 2 8000k and 1 4000k for my 60 luminaire which will eventually go on my 60cm tank, but I decided to use the 1 tube on this tank to see what happened. The plants almost immediately began pearling much more, and I prefer the colour rendition so it's staying!! :D

I got them from www.lampspecs.co.uk, who I'd recommend this site to anyone who needs pretty much any type of bulb - they're so much cheaper than Arcadia or Interpet in-store, and I paid half as much as I woud have done

Pic:
645t5rf.jpg

Tom

I love it. The hardscape is very nice. It would be a good tank for shrimp because of the height. Do you know what you'll stock with?

So you changed you light?! how are you mounting a light that's 20cm longer than your tank? I've a 45cm tank and I'm sick of power compacts and their terrible light distribution.

Do you know what you'll stock with?

I'm not sure yet. Probably Hengali Rasboras if I can find any.

how are you mounting a light that's 20cm longer than your tank?

I've just got the luminnaire sitting on the tank. Not the best setup but it's better than the compact I did have over it. Both the colour and the intensity seem better

Tom

Most reactions

Back