FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

GobyMaster

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Smack Dab in the Center of the Good Ol' U.S. of A
Well, when I woke up at 6 A.M. this morning, I thought today would be a great day.
All the fish in my 30 were out and swimming around, even my striped raphael cat!
When I got to school, everything was fine. My friend's finally paying me the $20 he owes me, I learned that I aced a test in my geometry glass, which really raised my grade. Health class was as boring as hell as usual, and then came 3rd period. Right when class started, my teacher told the whole class to be quiet, as he had a very sad announcement to make:
One of my very best friends ever died in a car crash in Council Bluffs, Iowa, along with her mother and cousin.
About 5:00 P.M. yesterday, they were coming back from Iowa when they presumably hit a icy patch of road, where they skidded and crashed, killing all three of them instantly.
And I thought today was going to be a really good day!
Then I find out that I'm never going to see one of my best friends ever again.
It's a really hard thing to get through.
I always thought that Mondays were terrible.

R.I.P., Kelsey! I'll miss you!

that has to be really hard and i have deep sympathy for you. just keep your head up. that's probably what they would want you to do. remember their lives, don't mourn their deaths.

My really good friend committed suicide last weekend, and it's the most ####ed up thing I've ever had to endure. Still have trouble understanding...I feel for you.

Wow, I am really feeling sorry for you. I wish I could do something do cheer you up. As dnn3 said, try to stay positive. I know how you feel though. My great grandma died a couple of months ago. My grandpa, who is probably the closest person to me (besides my parents), just got diagnosed with emphysema. Really felling sorry for you mate. My thoughts will be with you.

Ryan

I know. I'm trying my best, and I'm starting to get better, but it will still take a really long time.
I've already talked with her father about it, and it's just really hard for everybody in my grade. She was one of the most popular people there, friends with nearly everyone.

then it sounds like you have a good group of freinds and you will stick together and stay strong. my hearts out to you.

Know exactly how you feel, a few years back, my cousin and he was also my best mate, died from a brain tuma at the age of 29.. changed my life completely, even now i still cant belive hes gone and dont think i ever will..

Im so sorry for your loss, my thoughts go out to you and the family..

Keep ya head held high and be strong for their family, and yourself.

Take care.

Regards

Wayne

I'm very sorry for your loss. My mom (who was my best friend) died the end of January. Trust me, it gets a little better every day. Just try not to bottle up your emotions, if you need to talk about her do that, if not don't be afraid to tell people to leave you alone, most importantly, don't get upset with yourself. You'll have good days and bad ones, and sometimes you cry for no reason, it's all a part of the grieving process.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. -Dawn

So sorry for your loss. Don't bottle it up inside. Remember its ok to cry and grieve.
:(

thats so sad,and it will affect you forever,,find someone you can talk to,and cry to,its so important that you do this,and when it suits you,i was 13 when someone very very important died, i thought i was ok,didnt need to talk,but grief has a very nasty habit of proving you wrong! and can seriously mess you up if you let it all stay bottled up.someone dying is just the start of the hurting,we all grieve diffrentley,theres no right or wrong,and it will more than likely push you too your limits,
im 36 now and it still hurts like hell,i didnt get any counselling,( as i was a kid and my hurt was ignored)which i know now would have been very very important to help me through the whole process..
talk to your parents,talk to your friends,get a counselor,start a diary.

its just so important that you get help on this one,and i am so sorry for your losses

shelagh xxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I went through something like that a few years ago myself. I lost one of my best friends from work. He wasn't exactly just a friend. I kinda viewed him as a father figure. I was a lost soul when I met him. I didn't have much of an outlook on life. I was a punk kid. I had weird colored hair and piercings all over. Most older people viewed me as a nuisance. A bad seed. But he didn't. He was like fourty years older than me. He was one of the nicest and most unjudging people I've ever met. We talked a lot about life and the way of things. Serious deep discussions. He re-introduced me to God. Basically, I loved him as a son loves a father. Then he and his wife went to their camper a few counties away. He was stung by a bee in his hand. He thought nothing of it because he had been stung earlier in the year and nothing happened. Then a little later he started to feel ill. He went in the camper to lay down. Shortly later he was vomiting and fainted. Soon after that died of anaphylactic shock. He wasn't allergic to bees earlier in the year but apparently he had developed an allergy. He was the first friend that I ever lost.

Not quite the same as your experience but I know what you're going through. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss too. I will pray for your friend and for her family and of course for you.

Mark (abzorbd)

Awful R.I.P.
Grief takes time but it does get better, you remember the good things not the bad so much.
My thoughts go to you and the family that died.

I think the earlier posts just about sum everything up but I wanted to add something anyway. Just let it all out - laugh, cry, scream, whatever you feel you have to do. Post on here if you feel you have to say stuff that you don't want to say to your friends and family. Just make sure you let it all out, once that is done you can start to sort your head out and remember the fun times. Something I personally find helps is, when you are alone, keep imagining yourself telling people Kelsey is dead. You will cry at first but then you will start to condition yourself to it, and it sure helps when you can say those few words without bursting into tears. It makes you feel stronger and that is a good base. Take care. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back