To Buy or not to buy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So today I took a field trip to a few different fish stores. I saw a few bettas that caught my eye. 1. A HUGE king plakat male. Beautiful. He is bright blue and has a pinking orange tail. Next, a really pretty plakat halfmoon, he was more cream and aqua than blue and white, which is what I am looking for in a plakat halfmoon. I also saw this double tail plakat, but he had a really bad case of fin rot, and I am not sure it will grow back properly. At petsmart I saw a really nice double tail, but it wasn't spectacular. So, what would you do?

So today I took a field trip to a few different fish stores. I saw a few bettas that caught my eye. 1. A HUGE king plakat male. Beautiful. He is bright blue and has a pinking orange tail. Next, a really pretty plakat halfmoon, he was more cream and aqua than blue and white, which is what I am looking for in a plakat halfmoon. I also saw this double tail plakat, but he had a really bad case of fin rot, and I am not sure it will grow back properly. At petsmart I saw a really nice double tail, but it wasn't spectacular. So, what would you do?
I would go for the fish you like to most. The one that caught your eye first maybe?

It’s a shame pet smart leave betta’s to die out in little cups. That fish will most likely be dead soon without treatment.

No way to treat an animal really.

I would say go for which ever one, “spoke” to you. When I got my betta, there where 5 others to choose from, but I chose him, because he, “spoke” to me. I do agree with some other people above. ^

If you take the sick one, you might feel good for saving his life.

Your are going to put him in “Buckeys” old tank, correct? (May he Rest In Peace....... :rip:)

:)

I like the sound of the pretty cream and aqua half moon!

I have to agree with the others. I’d probably feel sorry for the sick one and buy him.

Good luck with your decision!

Don't you wish you had the tanks and space and finances to rescue them all ? I know I do. I wish Jeff Bezos would die and leave me all his money. I would buy out the chain pet stores and Wal-Mart and shut them down and keep all their fish.

When I went to petco to look at bettas, they had about 20 on display. As soon as I saw my red petal betta and he gave a flare and a wiggle, my decision was easy. Marley is now happy in his 10 gallon tank instead of an 8 ounce cup.

The last three bettas I have bought were all sick. Baker had bloat and dropsy, Jarvis had finrot and bloat, and Indah had cateracts. I think I might want a healthy one for a change
Don’t blame you.

They all sound great but then I'm biased lol but going by your descriptions the cream and blue plakat sounds like the one I'd pick! plakats are my favourite type of betta :) I would steer clear of the poorly one as much as it woud be nice to potentially save his life, bettas are not long suffering and can get sick and die very quickly, he may be weakened by this so best to get a strong one from the start, good luck and let us know what one you picked with pics please :D

Don't you wish you had the tanks and space and finances to rescue them all ? I know I do. I wish Jeff Bezos would die and leave me all his money. I would buy out the chain pet stores and Wal-Mart and shut them down and keep all their fish.

I wish I cld have 1/10th of Jeff Bezos money! I'd buy my 1,000 gallon discus guppy community tanks

Most reactions

Back