Tiny ADF

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nene

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have two ADFs that I got at the same time. One of them has grown to about 1 inch and 1/2 and the other I swear is only as big as maybe the nail on my little finger. He eats and seems healthy but he hasn't grown at all. Has anyone else had this experience with an ADF. I know males are smaller than females but he is so tiny! :unsure:

How long ago did you get them? It is quite possible the largest one was mistaken for an African Clawed Frog which grows to be a lot bigger than the ADF. My ADF's are only about a half inch long still. As far as I'm concerned there is no way that if they both started off the same size that they are the same kind of species. :)

I should have said that the inch and 1/2 is including the legs on the larger frog. I initially was also worried that the larger one was a clawed frog, but no it has tiny webbed feet. The smaller one seems healthy and the two get along well so I will just ignore the size difference and stop worrying. Viva La Difference I guess.

How exactly can I tell if mine is an African Clawed frog? He's definitely gotten pretty big. On average, how large do African Dwarf frogs get? I assumed that's what he was until I read this post. And if it IS an African Clawed frog, how big will he be full grown?

Diana

Here is a pic of Heathersweetness's ACF:

http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?sh...can+clawed+frog

Full grown (from what I hear) their body can be as big as a fist if not bigger and they have claws on their front hands. They don't have webbing between their "fingers" like ADF's do. However, the back feet have webbing just not the front. And not all ACF's are white like that one. That is an albino one. HTH

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back