Timid Angel Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

liam74

Reaction score
hi all, i purchased 2 marble angel fish (approx 2 inch long)last friday to go in my 130litre tank which currently houses 5 neon tetra's and 5 x-ray tetra's.

the problem i have is that the angel's seem timid and when i go upto the tank or switch the light on they shoot off and hide, is this normal and is it just that they are adjusting to there new home ?

tia

liam

yeah, any new fish can be skittish, especially when getting used to a new home, nothing to be worried about

W hen I got my pair they were shy for a while but are now out swimming in the main body of the tank.
Just takes them a while getting acclimatised

I think most fish are a little shy at first, they have to get used to there surroundings etc..

I have 1 silver Angel, and 1 Marble Angel, they are adorable :wub: and in a morning, they know its me as soon as i walk into the room, they swim straight up to the tank, and if you put your finger to the glass, they follow it lol :lol: its very cute.... Also they know its feeding time, so they wait at the top..... hehe

Claire x :*

Most new fish are a little apprehensive at first. Give them a few days to adjust, and they should be fine. Try to limit any commotion around the tank, and try leaving the tank light off for a few days if you have no live plants, and enough room light to provide some light.

Keep an eye on the neons as the angels get bigger, angels are prone to eating small fish, neons are part of their diet in the wild.

Tolak

yea and when you turn lights they will hide on you ,like if somene turns the lights on when your sleeping u roll over and hide under your blankets there eyes dialate to and they look for shades

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back