Timers For Co2 And Lighting

da7thson

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,

As i've upgraded to a new bigger tank, i've also upgraded from the sugar and yeast diy setup for Co2 to a JBL M 602 pressurised unit.

It comes with the option of running it on a timer so you can stop the Co2 in the night when plants are taking in oxygen. Please can someone let me know if i just set to Co2 to run the same time as the lights, or if it would be better to have the Co2 run for less or more in comparison to the lights.

I normally run my lighting from about 2 in the afternoon untill 9 in the evening so i can look at my fish when i retun home from work.

Thanks

Andy

YOu might want to experiment, CO2 on 2hrs before lights and off an hour before lights out is probably an ok place to start.
You're just trying to make it so they have enough CO2 at lights on and still have enough at lights out - without wasting any.
If you can achieve stable CO2 in this way you'll limit any algae problems further down the road.

IMO

Agree with SO19, 2 hours before lights on and 2 hours before lgihts off is how i have mine setup, I also run 2 x I bar lights which come on / off an hour apart.

2 pm Co2 on, 4pm 1st light on, 5pm 2nd light on, 9pm C02 off, 10pm 2nd light off, 11pm 1st light off,

Works for me, I am sure you will need to tweak for your setup but as So19 staes its a good place to start, HTH.

Regards,

Hi guys,

and thanks for the info. I'll have to pop down the electrical shop and get another time, but very usfull info thanks :)

Thanks again, really appreciated.

Andy

I have mine on 2 hours before and off 3 hours after. It's the first few hours of the photoperiod that are critical.

With the timers if you are using fluorescent lighting don't use digital timers or make sure you buy one that is labelled as suitable for use with fluorescent lighting.

If it doesn't you may have some problems. Not definitely have problems but very often happens.

I use mechanical timers for everything except one little LED light.

Most reactions

trending

Back