Time To Trasnfer Baby Bichir?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Binge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So my baby albino senegal is now about 4.5 inches and the thickness of a #2 pencil.(baby live beaers made him a monster fast). So I was curious if people thaught he was ready to move into the 75 gallon yet.

8 inch sengal
5 inch jack dempsy
2 parrots
3 bn plecos(2 female 1 male)

Mainly worried about the dempsy or my other bichir. Would he become a snack or likely be okay? If he needs to grow out more I can move him into a 5 gallon alone for now but he is already going after adult guppys so community tank doesnt have much more time for growing.

Hey there, tbh id play it safe and let him grow a bit more. I wouldnt think the JD would really bother him to much but the other bichir is what I would be worried about. Coincidentally I'm actually going through the same project with a senegal bichir I just bought today. Got a 12 gallon thats been running for awhile that I put him in literally minutes ago.

here is a pic...he is tiny, just about 2 inches.

BichirDay1.jpg

Yeah thats about what both of mine were atr the time of purchase. I will have to let him grow out the rest of the way in a 5 gallon He is taking chunks outta full size guppy tails now instead of just munching babys. So I will get a heater for my 5 gallon thi weekend and plop him in there a few weeks. Lil #29### eats like a horse so he will grow fast.

The guppy fry is brilliant, I got a 5 gallon hex that im gonna set up for guppys so I can give him some live food. I was a bit nervous about him being able to find the pellets I got for him but after about 2 minutes of intense searching he ate them right up. But yeah thanks for the guppy fry idea :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back