Time To Finish?

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds - United Kingdom
Hey everyone.

As some people will know I ended up taking in some guppies that had been sent to me from an unknown source.
Anyway problems have arisen with them and a for an unknown reason all the fish in my tank have been wiped out, Which is 8 Neons and the Guppies.

I know it was a stupid move putting them in my tank when I knew nothing of where they came from but I felt really bad for them >.< yea I know it's not an excuse....

I know have a 20G cycled tank with nothing in....

But I'm not sure if I should restock or call it a day and cut my loses from my own mistake.

I'm not even sure what a 20G Tank can hold fish wise or what would be good for it.

Really got no idea what to do now.....
 
hi,
i can understand how you feel better than most,believe me! but chucking in the towel wont bring them back,it wasnt a stupid thing to do, you were left with little or no choice,
by rights i should have given up fishkeeping at least 10 times by now,, but im stubborn!! and theres plenty of experienced fishkeepers on here to guide you in the right direction,im sure you have learned not to put strange fish into your tank as soon as they arrive again,so just take it as learnt and get on with it!
ask for advice,do some research on what you like, to see if you can infact keep them,and go out today and start over,20G is a decent sized tank, you can have lots of fun with that...

have you any idea what the fish died from? even if not, why not swot up on fish dieseases (sp?) then should anything like this happen again you`ll be ready for it...

c`mon, you dont sound like a quitter to me matey :P


shelagh xxxx
 
Thanks Shela
The tank is a decentish size with a over powered filter.
My partner is wanting to take me today for some fishies but I don't know what options I have.

Tank is:
Height 15"
Width 12"
Length 26"
 
How about a pair of rams or Apistogramma with a shoal of tetras?
 
Nooooo No rams! I have nothing but bad luck with them.
Apistogramma Are nice but my LFS never has then.

Best they have is Kribs and Keyhole Cichilds.
 
Oops didnt know you had bad luck with rams, sorry.

You could have two kribs in a 20g but not much else!
 
Yep, you could try a shoaling tetra with them, long as they were fast enough to move away if the kribs pair up :lol:
 
if you dont know what they died of though, would it not make sense to empty the tank clean it through really well and re start the cycling process, just incase there are some nasties lurking in there?

or i dont know can you not dose the tank with some all round bacteria/parasite medication (as if there were fish in there) complete the treatment then start again?
 
well I did take the fish to the LFS and they said it was either internal problem or bad batch of fish,
I have already the tank for nasties.

I also did a test this morning like 20 mins ago

PH 7.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Temp 26C

Just doing my normal water change too before I head out to my LFS's at 9am
 
Truthfully no matter what the LF's said I would have sterilized the whole tank and equipment etc. you just don't know what killed your fish and by not cleaning all your equipment you will probably just be creating a problem for yourself and a death trap for any future fish.

If you are going to re-stock then just put in a few cheap and cheerful fish and see how they go on, then if they are happy and healthy in a couple of weeks time then get a splurge out on a more expensive fish.
 
Hiya

well an odd turn of events has come upon me,
I was explainin to the guy at my LFS what happend and that I was thinkin of quitting fish keeping and to my shock he gave me 4 Convict Cichilds for NOTHING!

What is it with ppl giving me random fish? 0.0

But yea very happy with them there very cute!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top