Tigers Doing Handstands

SakuraX64

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I herd its normal for Tigers to do hand :huh: stands but mine are pale to and breathing rapidly :no:

What kind of filter Sys do you have? What size tank? It could be an oxygenation problem. My guys were breathing rapid too & I put in a bubble wand & that did it. It could be signs of infection also. My barbs look at the gravel all the time, I think it's just what barbs do. I got many different reasons why barbs do that.

My Barbs are much the same, they look down quite alot of the time, and only seem to do anything when they are chasing each other.

the breathing sounds like a water issue. check your parameters.

as far as the headstands go, i've learned that just what tigers do. i've decided they are the lassie's of the fish world: "whats that girl? timmy fell down a well? show me where he is!!"

Tiger barbs are very sensitive to water params. They will point down at even the smallest trace of nitrite. If they are pointing down for more then a few minutes at a time something is wrong. The ones I've kept all died after pointing down for prolonged periods of time. I'd try a 20% water change right away since they are pale and breathing heavy.

Well they seem to be doing better. There not so pale anymore and there not looking down as much as before :D THANKS FOR THE HELP! :)

Moe said:
Tiger barbs are very sensitive to water params. They will point down at even the smallest trace of nitrite.
Yes, barbs are famous for going nose down when nitrite is present. Did you test your water?

My tiger barbs do this all the time and my water is perfect!!! I think thats just what they do sometimes. I have had mine for MONTHS and they are ok. A water change does help most probs tho.
Deb

Most reactions

Back