Tiger Barbs Nipping

Ive kept TB's several times, never once had a problem with them or with them bothering any other fish, but Ive always kept them in large groups in large tank, 55g being the smallest tank Ive had them in, I personally dont consider a 30g tank large enough for them, because of their boisterousness and behaviour I feel they need the space to swim around, not only to give them space for their in fighting but to allow other fish the room to move away from them is they feel the need.
 
hey mate

i have 6 tiger barbs now, im raising them in a 10 gallon tank now until i upgrade in size

they can be a bit nippy, even towards each other unless you have a large group.

10 is a good amount but i would go for maybe one more, or three more

keeping them in odd number groups will prevent pairing and will keep them calm and less stressed out.

they are a great fish to have, dont have anything else with mine yet, so cant help on the question about other fish

but i have read that they go for larger slow moving fish lol

oh boy :rolleyes:
 
Ive kept TB's several times, never once had a problem with them or with them bothering any other fish, but Ive always kept them in large groups in large tank, 55g being the smallest tank Ive had them in, I personally dont consider a 30g tank large enough for them, because of their boisterousness and behaviour I feel they need the space to swim around, not only to give them space for their in fighting but to allow other fish the room to move away from them is they feel the need.

Totally agree with that. Watching how our tigers take advantage of the entire tank... I wouldn't dream about putting these fish in anything less than a 55gal tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top