Tiger Barbs And Clown Loaches Together?

Ave

New Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Estonia
The compatiblity charts say they match. And I'm planning to take a group of 10 barbs into my new 125 g first. And then after a while add a group of 6 clown loaches. But I'm concerned maybe the barbs will be too hard on their new companions? Especially when the clowns will be rather small (ca 5 cm) in the beginning?
Do you know, are the tiger barbs good dither fish for clown loaches? Or may be some other fish would do better?
Thanks,
A.
 
The clown loaches will be fine, they have a device that acts like a switch blade right at their eye so if anything does bother them, or comes close to bothering them, they open the blade up at bother the other fish right back...


IMHO you'll be fine with tiger barbs and clown loaches... what other fish are you thinking of having in the tank?
 
The clown loaches will be fine, they have a device that acts like a switch blade right at their eye so if anything does bother them, or comes close to bothering them, they open the blade up at bother the other fish right back...


IMHO you'll be fine with tiger barbs and clown loaches... what other fish are you thinking of having in the tank?
Actually... I am not thinking of any other fish, because I've heard enough warnings how big the clowns grow and I don't want it to become crowdy. I imagine these two rather big groups look fine.. .or not? any suggestions?,
 
Ahh so a species tank of tigers and clown loaches nice :good: Might I suggest 20 or so tigers? Like 10 normal 5 green and 5 albino or some variety of them so you don't just have yellow and black bands in the tank :lol:
 
Ahh so a species tank of tigers and clown loaches nice :good: Might I suggest 20 or so tigers? Like 10 normal 5 green and 5 albino or some variety of them so you don't just have yellow and black bands in the tank :lol:
Ok, Thanks!! I'll try that! :nod:
 
The compatiblity charts say they match. And I'm planning to take a group of 10 barbs into my new 125 g first. And then after a while add a group of 6 clown loaches. But I'm concerned maybe the barbs will be too hard on their new companions? Especially when the clowns will be rather small (ca 5 cm) in the beginning?
Do you know, are the tiger barbs good dither fish for clown loaches? Or may be some other fish would do better?
Thanks,
A.

Ave- Im assuming your new 125 gal is completely cycled correct? Tiger barbs seem to be on the sensitive side toward ammonia/nitrite. Just a bit of information you might find invaluable in keeping your fish alive.

Anyway, I have full grown green and regular tiger barbs in with clown loaches, they get along fine, no aggression toward the loaches (2.5") at all. Just make sure you keep the tiger barbs in a decent group to minimize their aggressive behavior. 10 would do fine.
 
The compatiblity charts say they match. And I'm planning to take a group of 10 barbs into my new 125 g first. And then after a while add a group of 6 clown loaches. But I'm concerned maybe the barbs will be too hard on their new companions? Especially when the clowns will be rather small (ca 5 cm) in the beginning?
Do you know, are the tiger barbs good dither fish for clown loaches? Or may be some other fish would do better?
Thanks,
A.

I have got them together in my tank at the minute, no problems
 
I guess you must get the right aount of tiger barbs to not making them to bull other fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top